25

What did they even think? That they had the right to say something like that to me. Years I've taken care of my own because they weren't "strong enough" to see the damn truth. And now they think they are helping me by telling me what not to do. Well let's face it. I can be succesful, with parents or without.

I was looking for my suitcase at the airport. Schiphol was one of my favorites airports. As a little kid I always used to travel with Demi. We were the strongest team ever and I always thought nothing could break us. We had matching bracelets and we wore it 24/7. Demi talked about the things we did together on her shows and I used to watch her with the biggest and proudest smile on my face until I fell asleep because it was getting to late. The people had to let me sleep next to the stage because I only wanted to be brought to Demi's room by daddy, uncle Nick or mommy herself. It was the best time of my life because everything seemed perfect. At least, until I got sent away.

How many nights haven't I spent crying in my bed, asking for mommys goodnightkisses? How many times haven't I looked at the other side of the bedroom to not find my snoring sister there? How many times didn't I got frustrated because nobody understand what I was saying. The girls over there didn't speak english great, let's say it was even harder for them to understand a crying yelling nine year old.

From that moment everything changed. My life got even more complicated than it was. I grew up with friends three years older than me that taught me the way to survive. Looking afterwards I don't think listening to drug-addicted people asking how to get trough it was the best way. But at that moment it seemed the only way.

I quickly grabbed my single suitcase and walked to the taxis. The driver got my baggage and put it in the car as I got in. The man didn't seem really scary, like I think most taxi-drivers do, which was good. I told him to bring me to the most expensive hotel in Amsterdam. I got my other credit card with me, it was on another name, so nobody would know where I am.

I looked outside and enjoyed the few. Amsterdam was so different from all the other cities I've been. Even though it's really crowded, the city is very clean. It's big and has a lot of shops. I love the canals all through the city. It makes you immediately feel safe, and then I'm not even thinking about the cops walking all around.

The driver parked the car in front of the hotel and my suitcase was brought inside by one of the hotel workers. I got inside and checked in immediately. I might be working much, I now got a big bedroom for myself. I followed the instructions the lady gave me and I soon found my room. It had a perfect view of the park right next to it. I put my handbag on my bed and saw my phone slipping out of it.

So many missed calls from my parents, Mike and Bella. They should know by now I just need to have some time for myself. No meddlesome family or friends around me. Just being my boring self without their judgement.

My phone still in my hand I received a text from mom.

Call me when you get this. Love, mom.

I sighed deeply. Not in the mood to do as I was told, I put my phone back in my bag and dropped it on the ground. I let myself drop on the bed and not soon after, I fell asleep.

********timeskip 3weeks*********

I woke up in the same luxurious bed like I had the last three weeks. Good thing of this city, it got never boring. But I kinda missed my friends. And my work..

Looking at the clock on my phone it was half past ten. I quickly changed into my new clothes I bought yesterday at Hollister. Just when I was about to leave someone knocked at my door.

I ran to the door, still having my toothbrush in my mouth, and see it's someone of the hotel. I don't think too long and open the door. Still feeling a little embarrassed because of the toothbrush I let them in.

"Miss Lovato?" He asked, looking all professional.

I nodded. "Yes, that's me."

"I'm here to inform you that you're needed at home."

I smiled. "Really?"

The man, following tinhis badge his name was Cody, nodded. "I'm sorry to tell you this. But all I was told was that it was about your sister. Bad news. She just got back from the hospital."

All the worst case scenarios were now inside of my head. I could hear the toothbrush hit the floor and I looked at Cody.

"Make sure I have a car I can leave at the airport. I'm grabbing my stuff, I'm leaving immediately."

Cody nodded and left. In a rush I grabbed all my stuff and put it in the two suitcases I bought last week. No time for the last check I grabbed my handbag and carried the two suitcases with me myself.

Like I told him, Cody arranged a car. It was a black BMW and I thanked him quickly. Putting my baggage in the car I looked at the park one last time. I was gonna come back once, but now family comes first. This time then.

I was driving really fast on the highway when an idiot in an what looked like SUV tried to go just as fast as I went, he lost control over the wheel and I saw him bumping into my car.

Then everything got black.

AN Hey people! I'm sorry for not updating for so long but I went to France for weeks, so yeah.. Anyways, I'm back home now and I'm really excited to write my fanfics further. Hope you guys liked the chapter. Let me know what you think about it in the comments or have any suggestions for the story. Every opinion is appreciated! Lots of love, C. Xx