~𝟱~

"You ready for this?" Felix yelled over the noise of the propellers. I gave him a nod and he pulled on the harness around my waist to make sure it was secure. I adjusted the rope slightly before looking out the door of the chopper and jumping. I slid down the rope until my feet touched the rough dirt underneath. After I landed, I could hear eight other pairs of feet landing around me. I clipped the harness loose and watched it get pulled up and away from sight. Then Chan signalled everyone to follow him and stay low. I followed the group, my eyes scanning every detail that my brain could process. We slowed to a stop as we reached a ridge. We all stood in a line and peaked at the warehouse below.

"Okay, we all know what the target looks like. Remember, no killing anyone unless absolutely necessary. Are we all ready?" Chan asked, putting his hand out palm-down. The rest of the boys put their hands on top of his. I stood there, almost too afraid to breathe and possibly draw attention to myself. Then all the boys looked at me. Changbin, who's hand was on the top of the pile, took my hand in his. He placed my hand on the pile underneath his own. The pile of hands dipped under mine, then shot up into the sky.

"Let's go," Chan said. Hyunjin stayed behind as we all climbed over the ridge, and I later learned he was the team's sniper.

I saw the building quickly approaching as we moved through the long grass. Lee Know snuck up behind the person guarding the door, wrapping his arms around the person's neck. He was barely as tall as the man but took him down and choked him out in less than thirty seconds. We barged through the doors, and I stayed back to stay out of the way. The people in the building scattered, and Chan called out for us to split up. I watched as Lee Know, Felix, Han and Seungmin ran in the opposite direction to Chan, Changbin and Jeongin. I ran after the latter group. We tackled and tied up most of the escapees, but one still got way. Without thinking, I ran after him, Chan and Changbin's voices being drowned out by my own heart hammering in my ears. I ran as fast as I could, until all there was left in the world was just me, the perpetrator and my feet thumping on the ground. Finally, I got close enough and leapt, bringing the guy down with me. He struggled against my grip, but I just twisted his arm harder behind his back. I pulled him up by his wrists and the back of his shirt. Then I walked him back.

"I got the guy," I said as I made the guy sit next to the other people we captured. Everyone looked up at me, all their faces contorted with rage, concern and relief all rolled into one. I suddenly felt very unsure of myself.

"I-is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?" I asked, nervously wringing my hands, and scanning their movements.

"When we get home, you and I need to have a little chat."

Chan's eyes burned with rage as he said those words. I looked down, my eyes falling onto his hands. He clenched his fists, veins springing up on his hands and forearms. I let my head hang in fear and disappointment and stared at my feet.

"Let's go. The chopper should be here by now.

(Third person)

"Come on in, I have a lot to discuss with you."

Chan could feel his anger boiling in his veins. He had told Lee Know and Changbin to be there as well in case he lost his temper. He obviously would never intentionally hurt Ava, he just wanted them there to pull him out if he got too harsh.

Ava sat down on the chair he had pulled to the centre of the room. She could sense how angry Chan was, the dominance he possessed practically rolling off of him.

"Do you know why I asked you here?" he asked, his voice strained as he tried to contain his anger.

"I'm guessing it's about running off, even though you yelled after me not to."