~𝟲𝟲~

(First person, Ava's perspective)

When we got to the dorms, there was an ambulance waiting outside. Lee Know and Jeongin helped me out of the helicopter and stayed by my side as I limped up the driveway. We had gone to the hospital for treatment. They had popped the joint back into place and thankfully there was no permanent damage. So, they gave me a knee brace to wear for a while and gave me some rehabilitation exercises to help stabilise my knee again.

When the doctor had told me what he wanted to do, I was very nervous, even though he had given me some local anaesthetic. Just as he had taken my leg to pop it back into place, someone had taken my hand, and I looked up at Lee Know who seemed to be reassuring me with his soft gaze. Before I could even prepare myself, though, the doctor had popped my knee back into place. Pain shot through me, and my body arched as a response. It felt like someone had hit my knee with a hammer. Thankfully, the pain soon faded to a dull stinging, feeling like a big bruise.

On the way to the front door, I stumbled on the driveway, and Lee Know quickly moved in next to me, offering to help me inside. I nodded and he gently brought my arm to rest on his shoulders. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and my skin tingled in the spot his fingers rested. We slowly started walking back to the dorms when I saw two girls come out. My eyes widened when I realised who they were.

They walked past us, the one girl smiling slightly when she saw me. I watched as they walked up to the medic. Lee Know kept supporting me as we walked inside. When he got to the stairs, I stopped him.

"I think I can manage on my own now," I said softly.

He seemed to want to argue before reluctantly agreeing, retracting his arms from around my waist and taking a step away from me. I tentatively put my foot on the first step, waiting for pain to hit. It never did. So, I took the railing and pulled myself up. My knee was a little unstable, but other than that, it felt fine. I walked up the stairs slowly, sensing Lee Know's presence right behind me. I made it to the top of the stairs without any pain, turning my head to smile at Lee Know. I walked into my room, Lee Know following me all the way.

When I was inside, I turned to him. He gently rested his hands on my hips, his movements hesitant before he eased up at my lack of a bad reaction to his touch. I brushed along his cheekbone with my fingers, the featherlight touch letting a smile rise to his lips. He closed his eyes and leaned his head into my hand. He pulled me closer to himself, gently planting a kiss on my lips.

I heard someone clear their throat, and my heart sank to my stomach. I pulled away from Lee Know sharply, looking away from him and whoever saw us. My cheeks glowed bright red.

"Ava, it's okay. It's just Felix," Lee Know said, gently taking my hand.

My gaze snapped up at him, then to Felix, and then back to the ground.

"You know, if you guys want to keep this a secret, I suggest you do that behind closed doors," I heard Felix say, the smirk on his face dripping from his words. I looked up when I heard the door click shut, Felix standing against it, still looking at me with his arms crossed.

"Why... Why aren't you freaking out? Why... why aren't you freaking out Lee Know? He just saw us-"

"He knows," he said simply, as if it would answer all my questions.

"How does he know? How did he find out? I didn't tell him, the other members don't know anything as far as I know, you wouldn't tell him."

"Actually, I saw the two of you kissing on the beach," Felix remarked.

My eyes widened further, my cheeks burning. I swore under my breath, dragging a hand down my face.

"I won't tell anyone, Ava. I gave Lee Know my word, and I'm giving you my word as well. I promise."