Chapter Eleven

The skyscraper was taller than my future, and it appeared to be expensive

The skyscraper was taller than my future, and it appeared to be expensive. Made of glass with a small tint but not so much that you can't see what's going on within. I look forward to see two security guards standing in front of the entrance. As I approach them, they look down at me and open the door for me.

"Thank you." I whisper out as i step inside, the marble flooring is so gleaming that I could see my reflection in it. I take a deep breath when I see women and men dressed in black hurrying by, clutching stacks of papers. As they hurry by me to separate rooms, I spot the reception desk in front of me and fight my way there.

"Good morning, welcome to AN and Associates. How may i assist you?" They spoke like robots with a smile, I could tell they knew how nervous I was by the way my fingers were drumming on the counter. 

"I have an interview, with Adonis Nicolaides at ten." She nods, glancing back down at her computer as she scrolls. I look around once more, then back down at my outfit. 

Adonis ended up choosing clothes for me to wear to work, suitable outfits. And thank god he went for something less revealing. I appreciate him. I guess I'm just not used to the idea of having someone actually help me. "Sorry, give us a moment." The receptionist whispers. 

I look down at my phone and search up the nearest therapist. 

ISABELLA HALE

THERAPIST IN NEW YORK, 0.9 MILES AWAY FROM YOU!

HAVE A THERAPY SESSION FOR FREE, THEN PAY $40.

She turns away and grabs a lanyard, handing it over to me. I switch my phone off. 

"Ms Moore?" That little prick.

"No actually, I am married now. Mrs Kelvin." She nods her head, typing in a different name.

"Twentieth floor on your right." She explains herself.

"Thank you." I make my way to the elevator, slipping inside the moment the doors open as i press on level 20.

I knew i should not but this eager feeling inside of me is tempted to switch my phone back on.

 Maxwell is not a good man, but we had amazing memories. I tried to help him, i tried my hardest but i did it in a wrong way by allowing him to slap me for the first time. Even though he apologised continuously for weeks, I should have left.

He is not good for me. But I cannot bring myself to leave him...

I guess it is true, it's harder to leave than to stay.