Chapter Sixteen

I grew up with nothing but hate and arguments around me, I grew up in a tight place with no one to turn too

I guess throughout the years I have come to terms with it and accepted it for what it is. And if you want me to be honest, I enjoyed every moment working with Adonis. Though the guilt of Alexandra and Maxwell held me back from wanting to pursue things or have a little fun with him.

But during my stay with him, the knowledge came back to me. I came to fix myself; I ran away for help and received it. Though, ever since the two kisses me and Adonis shared...I've never felt so...so complete? We were both doing more research at the office, my hands began to cramp due to writing.

"Tired Moore?"

"Not at all." I will not accept defeat from Adonis.

"I need a fucking break." He grabs the water bottle from the edge of the desk, I twist around his chair whilst reading the research logs.

"Oh, have I told you?"

"Told me what Moore."

"I found a place to stay," I sneak out the truth, after a couple of days of looking for affordable apartments in my budget. I have finally been accepted to rent one out, it is only one thousand dollars a month- this includes everything. I look up when I notice that Adonis has gone all silent. "Adonis?"

"Why? I have five spare rooms Moore."

"I keep forgetting you're a millionaire." He grabs a bottle of wine from his wine shelf collection and pours me half a glass. I take it when he offers me one.

"Billionaire, Moore." He corrects.

My eyes widen in pretend shock as I take a sip, "wow."

"Your husband is a millionaire though. Must be a type." I laugh.

"Excuse me, is it bad that I fancy rich men?" I whisper sarcastically. Adonis smiles and leans closer to me; I do the same. He brings his fingers and pulls a strand behind my ears, grazing my cheek.

"I don't believe that. I know what you fancy." He stares into my eyes.

"Enlighten me." I whisper.

"Love. Pure love." My heart pounds, my skin begins having goose bumps.

"I have that. With Maxwell." I lie.

"No, you don't," he casts a downward gaze at my lips. "I don't see love flash through your eyes when you say his name." I close my eyes for no apparent reason. It was probably simply intuition. I used to adore Maxwell.

Perhaps it has faded as a result of the pain and suffering he has inflicted, but how do you just stop loving someone? Maybe it was guilt that drove me to want to abandon him the same year his parents died. That would have a significant impact on him.

His kisses press against my closed eyes and onto my brow. He extends the delicate kiss before meeting my lips. I can feel his canines biting into my lips, like if he wants to taste my mouth. He bites harder when I don't let him.