Chapter Twenty Six

Adonis continues to chase after me with the yellow paint, and I can't stop laughing as I hide beneath the kitchen counter

Adonis continues to chase after me with the yellow paint, and I can't stop laughing as I hide beneath the kitchen counter. I raised my head above the counter, holding the water gun close to my chest, to see him smile at me.

As I scramble to the corner, I let out a small scream, "Adeline! Now!" Adeline laughs hysterically as she attacks Adonis from behind. I get to my feet and spray him in the face with water.

"Auntie! I got him!" I crouch down and high five Adeline.

"Alright let's get you cleaned up before your mum kills me."

"Mum said she's scared to leave me with you Uncle Addy because we always get into trouble together."

Adonis gasps and grabs onto his heart. "Did she now?"

"Yep, she said the only reason I am over here is because of Aunty Cathy." Adonis rolls his eyes and pushes Adeline onto the couch before walking upstairs, I let out a long laugh before gently gripping onto my heart. "Aunty Cathy, Uncle Addy just pushed me!"

"What are you going to do? Tell your mum?" Adonis shot back; this man is seriously arguing with a child.

"Yeah, and I'm going to tell daddy too." Adeline whispers, a small smile printing on her mouth.

I sit down on the couch and look at the paint that has splattered all over the floors because Adonis decided to drench us in it. Adeline is standing in front of Adonis, arms folded.

"Tell daddy, I'm going to tell daddy that you pushed me."

"You are a liar, Aunt Cathy he is a liar, I never pushed him!" Adonis sticks out his tongue at Adeline, Adeline groans and rushes into my embrace.

"I know he is, don't worry, I'll teach him a lesson."

I look up and Adonis raises a brow, an intrigued brow. I throw a pillow at him for his disgusting thoughts, he catches it with ease before raising his shirt which reveals his beautiful abs. I bite onto my lips, if Adeline weren't here...

"Yeah, Uncle Adonis is a bad boy." Adeline chuckles, I settle my hands on her cheeks and kiss her on the forehead. She giggles.

"Yep, he is a bad boy. Now come on let's shower and get ready for bed." I stand up, Adeline rushes and pretends to fight Adonis jokingly as he lifts her up and throws her over his shoulder. As I follow them up the stairs, I feel my breath becoming shortened.

I grab my chest and onto the handrail of the stairs, everything suddenly becomes dizzy. I drop to the floor gently, using my strength to not harm myself.

"Uncle- Auntie fell."

"What-" Adonis turns around and notices me on the stairs, he settles Adeline down and rushes towards me. I begin coughing, coughing badly to the point where crimson blood began to leave my mouth.