Chapter Fifteen

AUTHOR: VOTES MAKE ME WANT TO WRITE MORE CHAPTERS! Please my fellow readers, this is all I ask from you

AUTHOR: VOTES MAKE ME WANT TO WRITE MORE CHAPTERS! Please my fellow readers, this is all I ask from you. Thank you. 

I wait by the reception with his black coffee, we had a meeting with the lawyer about the Adams Case. I glance down at my watch; he should be here by now. I look at the door, and he walks in fifteen minutes late with a child around his legs. An angry scowl worn on his face; I mould my lips into my mouth to hide the smirk.

"Maya! Get off of me." He tries to pull her off, but she tightens her grip around his legs. 

He walks as if there's not a child sitting on his foot. Her laugh bursts out, catching all the employees heads. I guess everyone was just as confused as i was, he was trying to pull her off but fails to do so. She just annoys him with a little grin on her face.

I hand him the coffee and he takes it with a nod, we walk towards the elevator, he scans his hand, and we settle inside. The doors closing behind us. A girl with brown hair smiles up at me, I give her a cheeky smile back.

"Is that-"

"My brothers daughter, Maya"

"Hello, Maya, I'm Cathy." I recall hearing her name when he yelled it. As I crouch down, she glances at me and turns her head to the side. "How about we let Uncle Adonis's leg go?" She shakes her head, defiant.

I think it runs in the family, because she gasps when I pull a candy bar from my bag. She unwraps herself before leaping at me and seizing the Lolli. Adonis rose a brow; she shoves it into her mouth and glances up at Adonis. "Call her nanny." He orders.

"She does not need one, I'll look after her." I whisper as Maya hugs my legs instead.

"Your choice, we have a to get ready for the interview with the Lawyer soon."

The doors open, and Maya dashes into the office, leaping onto the couch in the corner. She laughs as I place my bag on the desk.

I take a seat in my chair as I see Adonis remove his blazer jacket and fling it around his chair. He takes out his laptop and flips it open, and I click down through some of the Adam case files to make sure we have everything in the right sequence.

Maya hangs upside down, her pig tails shaking.

Then she's right next to me. She must be tired since her head falls over my lap. What a pity. I raise her up, and she wraps her legs around my waist and falls onto my chest, playing with my hair. I grin because I've always desired children.

But Maxwell hates them. He thinks they are-a waste of time.

She must be four or five.

I continue going through work, hours pass by to the point where Maya is fast asleep. Sucking onto her thumb, my stomach growls. Adonis stands up from his seat, I glance up. "What do you want to eat?"