Chapter Twenty One

SONG SUGGESTED FOR THIS CHAPTER : So Powerful yet so unstable by Thiagosmind

Every time something good comes my direction, it is almost as if it blows the other way just as I reach out to it. I should know that my life is not all rainbows and sunshine from the moment I was born, but I just thought, maybe just one...this is a good thing.

I am divorcing my abusive husband.

I have the best lawyer in the world.

And I have fallen in love with him

And he has congestive heart failure.

And as bad as it seems, it felt even worse in the inside. Here I am, staring at the wall. My back against the headboard as his arms are wrapped around my legs. His head settled in-between my legs, tears continue to fall down my eyes and down my neck. The thought of him dying, the thought of him leaving killed me.

I need him.

I need Adonis.

I love Adonis.

I brush his hair back with my fingers, "I'm not going to die in my sleep Catherine." He croaks out, he really thinks it is the good time for his silly jokes.

"I know..."

"So then close your eyes and stop waiting for me to die, you won't get anything out of it. I'm skint." This fucking specimen. He really thinks I am waiting for him to die for money. Oh, he's just doing those stupid and unfunny jokes of his.

"Was it the sex that quickened your heart rate? Did it do double the work or something?" He groans and rises, settling beside me on the bed, and I turn my head to face him. Adonis sips some water from the glass on the bedside table as I pull the sheets over my legs.

"Snowflake-"

"I have an idea!" I sit up, folding my legs into a cross as I shake Adonis' arms. He hums in response. "Let's make a bucket list!"

"Seriously? I am not going to die,"

"But we might as well make a list of all the things you want to do,"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."

"Come on Adonis!"

"Okay-Okay! Urm, I want to go to Paris."

"Okay and do what?"

"And fuck you all day." I notice his lips upturning into a little smirk, I kick him gently with my foot before he grabs it with his hands and pulls me closer to him. I lean onto my elbows as he towers over me, he lifts my jaw with his knuckle and grazes my lips with his.

"I don't want you to die." He releases a soft chuckle, kissing my lips gently. He shuts me up for a good five minutes, my hands slide around his neck as my head falls onto the mattress.