Chapter Ten

FIVE YEARS AGO

FIVE YEARS AGO

MATURE - RAPE- ABUSE

Maxwell was a gentleman to me.

He took me out on dates.

Paid the bill and treated me like a princess.

It felt nice, it felt nice being treated like a woman of worth than a slut.

After finally figuring out that Alexandra's suspicions on Diávolos was true, and that he was real after killing Mr Johnson. I became tense around her. Fearing that he would come after my father. However ever since, I have not seen her in a few days.

And after the tattoo shop, she has been with Ares twenty-four hours a day. I guess, if she was happy then so was I. I close the cupboard doors to hide me and Lucy in whilst my parents argued yet again.

I covered her ears with my headphones, whilst I listened to them argue over me and Lucy. "Well choose! Lucy or Catherine!" My father yells, "because if we go to fucking court, we'd both know I would I win!"

I knew her answer already.

My mother always chose Lucy above me, which came as no surprise to me. Even though I knew the answer, it still wounded me. It stung to know I'd never be the first to anybody. I'm like the washed-up towel that gets thrown out because it's too unclean and old.

I brush Lucy's blonde hair back, kissing the side of her head to hide my tears of pain.

"I choose Lucy! I choose my daughter!"

So, then what am I?

She did not even hesitate.

Lucy glances up at me, and leans into my body. I just sat there, goose bumps burning into the depths of my skin.

I knew my mother was coming in any second after she packs her bags, and so I took this minute to hold Lucy for the last time in my grasp. I smelt her hair, kissed the top of her head and sobbed emotionally. Knowing this may be the last time I ever see her again. I made sure to recognise every feature on her face so I could find her when I am old and fit enough to claim her.

"Cathy...why are you crying?" She whispers.

"You-you're going to go on a holiday with mummy and you're not going to see me anymore." I whisper, pushing her hair back. Her brows furrow in confusion, "but I'll join you on holiday when I finish school-"

I could tell by her face that she was confused as to why. But I ignored it and continued to kiss her all over, my door is slammed open, my mother yelling for Lucy as she yanks the closet door open and see's us both on the floor.

Our eyes matched for a second, a quick short second before she grabs Lucy's arms and drags her out. I shake my head, running after them both.

"Mum! Mum please don't!" I begged with every little piece of hope inside of me.