Chapter Nineteen

PLEASE VOTE!!!

PLEASE VOTE!!!

Adonis walked before me; I held the flowers tightly in my hands. I adjust the bottom of my dress, and my hands reach out for Adonis' biceps to stop him from pressing the button. "Catherine."

"Adonis, I can't." This felt wrong on all the levels, and something in the pit of my stomach was telling me to turn back and go back to Adonis' apartment.

"Alexandra would be more than happy to see you Catherine, now suck it up and come in."

"Are you sure?"

"Most definitely." I smile softly, he interlocks his hands with mine and I suddenly feel less tense. The door was already open, Adonis stepped in and when he is about to introduce our incoming my name is suddenly heard.

"She's coming? Catherine Moore? The bitch who bullied you and called you fat?" I knew exactly whose voice that was. Auntie Coraline.

"She's not a bitch." Alexandra whispers. "She just has a lot going on, and anyways, she is my friend not yours. My husband and I invited her, she is a guest and I want you to respect her when she comes."

"She bullied you! She is rude! And she was never there for you, now you're feeding her? She was selfish and still is, do you really want her around Adeline?"

"Mum!"

"I am not wrong! She hurt you! She ruins things and I don't want her ruining this family!"

Ouch. That stung my heart, I look down at the flowers in my hands and then back up at Adonis who looks embarrassed. I knew I was not welcome here..."like you have not done enough damage by lying Aunt Coraline." Adonis speaks, "let us not all act like fucking angels."

"Catherine! You're here!" Alexandra throws the towel onto the counter and wipes her hands onto her jeans as she passes Aunt Coraline who gives me a death stare.

"Angels, at least I never made people insecure growing up because of their own insecurities."

I don't blame her.

No one knows the full story.

"Mum enough! Stop being so rude. Catherine, do you want anything to drink?"

"I should go, I actually have a meeting tomorrow. These are for you, I'm sorry for-" dont cry Catherine. Please don't cry. I hand her the flowers. "I'm sorry." I force out of my sobbing heart; I release my hands from Adonis' and rush out of the house.

I knew this was a stupid fucking idea.

I knew.

I knew!

I wipe my fallen tears, and kick of my heels as I bend down to pick them up. I hear my name being called out as I continue to walk down the road.

Selfish.