The Seawitch's Regret (18)

An Outing in Town

The moonlight flashed over me and I felt the cool air come in from the window.

I whispered words none but I could understand as I heard a familiar voice speak that language only I knew.

I lifted up, who was there?

I peered my head out the window to listen to the voice again, but I heard nothing.

Hmmm, I thought.

Maybe it was just the wind or I was just imagining things.

I am a bit homesick.

It has been about a week since.
I laid back down and let sleep take me in.

I dreamt of childhood when me and Levy were younger playing in Coastal Coral Courtyard.

We were messing around exploring places as usual.

I heard her voice laughing and singing until her song turned into a servant calling me in real life.

"Alehkzir, your presence is required in the courtyard." The voice told me.

I looked up and smiled sadly.

Ah of course, it was just a dream.

"I will be there." I told the servant as I decided to linger a few minutes remembering the dream.

I got my stuff, including a feather, ink, and a notepad just in case for Levy. She usually has some, but if she runs out, I'll be there to save her.

Lucino probably doesn't think of these things.

He probably doesn't care.

I know he has to be using her and that's the worst part because she assumes he's never like that much.

She'll keep saying that until, the frog is completely boiled and dealing with all of that, she will realize he's not who he said he is.

And I have to stop that.

I must find out what he is really after.

And I can't just say, I never said when anyone asks where we were from again.

I need help and I need places to go.

I had to turn to the one human I trusted or relate to.

I got everything I needed for going with Levy as Lucino tagged along, when I stopped by Zestrella.

"Zestrella." I greeted

"Alehkzir." She lowered her head back.

"Do you actually have a brother or you do and his whereabouts aren't known?" I grinned at her.

She looked horrified at my statement, "Not so loud!" She exclaimed, "Why are you here? I thought you were going with them."

"I am going with Levy," I corrected. "Lucino is just tagging along," I shrugged.

"You already shown a clear distaste for him. Careful he might do something now that you found his slip ups." She pointed her finger at me and warned.

"I'll be fine. Nothing can hurt me. But I suppose I rather not have to deal with uncertainties, so I must ask you..." I trailed off, "What place do you claim your brother is staying that's too far away for anyone to go but you?"

She looked at me and laughed, "Wouldn't you like to know? You don't want to tell where you are actually from so you need a clever lie." I looked in surprised.

How could she read me like that?

"I never explicitly told anyone where it was, but tell them you are from the Zircidan Village past Zirci Forest."