The Seawitch's Regret (22)

Death for the Chance of Freedom

Darkness filled the clouds. It was a terrible day and even the skies mourned her name.

The worse part of it all was that everyone all over began the preparations.

Word on the street was that Lucino-- the precious and sweetest human, was finally getting married and choosing a bride.

And everyone was excited and preparing for it.

The only thing is, the bride had no say in anything and had no idea.

For after the planning is made, Lucino will finally go up to all of the eligible young women and choose one. However, it is all flawed. He will choose Zestrella even though she has done nothing to show that she is offering herself to him.

But if she refused she will be deemed as crazy for doing so.
And if she claims she is already in love, I know Agatha will be killed if she won't be already.

Life here is too tragic.

And that is why I must find Zestrella before she is caught in surprise.

I decided to search the halls because that's where I always found her previously.

Levy was in her room, most likely filling herself with tragedy and sadness, despite the fact she couldn't shed a single tear.

I hope it doesn't affect her too much.
I also have been carrying around a single blade made from the blood of her brother and precious hair of her half-sister. In the pockets, of the clothes, was a hidden secret knife only I seen.

And I was going to do something evil for her. I would commit murder to save her. If Levy was saved, I'll do it. I would shake hands with the grim reaper itself. I shall cherish Death for the chance of Freedom. Her Freedom.

Then I saw her.

Zestrella walking hastily through the halls.

"Zestrella!" I called out. At first she didn't hear me. Or maybe she thought I was a random person calling out to her since I never spoke in this tone. It was tone of desperation and franticness. "Zestrella?" I tried again, more serious this time.

And that was when her feet hauled and she turned over her shoulder, "Alehkzir?" She must've been surprised, "Did you call me?"

"I sure did. I need to talk to you about something..." I frowned, "Well ask you I suppose."

She crossed her arms, "Does this relate why your friend hasn't been seen out of her room in days and Lucino has finally chosen a bride?" She shrugged, "Lemme guess, it isn't her and she is upset."

I stared back at her, "You knew he wasn't fond of her?!"

Surprised Mermaid Face, maybe?

I was just referring to that media reference.

She crossed her arms, "Yes, I knew. Come on, it doesn't take much to see that. Lucino is very... picky, to put in nicely," she smiled chirpy, "Everyone must be just right. Even though he offer help to those in need, it is just to make him look all high and mighty," she laughed.

"So he doesn't really care about anyone unless they have a standard normal life." I looked at her flatly, "Figures... But I came to say that Levy overheard something and he wants to marry you."

Zestrella stared straight at me without saying anything. She only looked down, "I know..." She slumped, "That's why I warned you on day one when we met. I knew I was in the list of candidates. Anyone would love to be in my place, but..." She softly sobbed, "I don't."