The Seawitch's Regret (24)

One Last Sunrise Together

A child's happiness is the greatest thing to cherish.  A child could easily be pleased and shown this happiness.  And as a child us growing up, you start to loose this happiness.  Because before they were young, naive, and innocent.  They do not know the cruelty of life and the world yet.

But back then, they still cried over little things that someday they would rather cry over than the dark truth they will find out in the future.

Like where the sea meets the land at the beach, there are two different sides.  A beautiful ocean filled with wonders and a terrible storm caused harm to others.

When building a sand castle the sand won't stay and falls through your hands, trailing down just out of reach.  Without the sea, the wet sand the sand won't stay put.

And right now, I've just forgotten the sea.  I only have dry sand that continues trinkling down out from my fingers, only just out of reach.

My vision is burning.
My throat is hurting.
My ears are ringing.

And I do wonder what Levy is going through, I just hope it is better.

We were both locked up in a room with two beds and a few servants would occasionally come in and give us drinks that would supposedly make up feel better and heal us.

However, I couldn't believe Zestrella had returned.

Thankfully, Ardizevepas had excel hearing and could always read lips no matter how hard it was.

"Why did she return?" I muttered weakly.

My illusion had faded a long time ago and now I just looked like some weird thing again to others.

Levy looked at me and pointed to my ears and eyes, 'Still hurt?  This isn't even fair.  Why did you get hurt more?'

I smiled, "I may have made sure it wouldn't hurt you as much?" I shrugged.

Levy gasped. 'You did not!'

I nodded, "I couldn't beat to see you hurt.  Let's just hope it isn't permanent and will be better again soon."

Levy suddenly looked away, 'You said something back there.'

She isn't thinking of that.... ABYSSAL

Abyss Abyss Abyss

"What are you talking about?" I looked the opposite direction, no doubt my cheeks were warmer and darker than usual and not because of the ashes.

I looked over to see Levy narrowed her eyes and me and press a hand to her mouth. 'What are you thinking of that made you blush so much?'

I brushed my hair over my face to hide my colors.

"I'm not blushing!" I exclaimed and I saw her smiling at me as if she was laughing without a voice, but I couldn't tell regardless.

I didn't face her.

I was just too upset at everything.

How could this all happen.

I failed.
I was tricked and gotten the wrong person.

Now we're being watched and only Zestrella can help us.
But by helping us, Levy will die anyways.

'Are you alright?' Levy seemed to say.

I faced the other direction, not even giving her a second glance.

"Leave me." I only whispered, "I caused all of this to spiral.  It's all my fault."