The Seawitch's Regret (25)

Weddings of Tearful Goodbyes

The palace is lively.
Music is playing.
And everyone is happy.

Except for me who has a scowl planted on my face and remains the same.

However, among the commission, the sunrise is beautiful as ever.

I sit high up outside at a balcony with Levy next to me and we gaze at the sunrise.

The lights shine all across the kingdom, brightening up the land.
It was basically our last Sunrise together and the next one, she'll be disappearing by my side, but never in my arms.

"After this I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't think I can live after this.  I'm letting you know that I.. You always mean so much to me and yet I..." I sighed, "You always meant the world to me, Levy."

She caught my longing gaze with her eyes, 'Don't give up.  You can't.  I want you to be free and live a life that you can love and start all over where no one knows you.  Do what you love and find your passion in life.'

I stared at the words she mouthed but never breathed.

"It's not that simple.  Without you I feel lost." I lowered my head, "But for these next 23 hours I am going to have you swap someone's capability to speak with yours.  They will return to the person after that time and that way I could hear your voice once more."

I almost forgotten what she sounded like, it's been so long.
A few months.

'What but what if they need-'

I put my hand up, "Levy, let me be selfish for once.  I know it may be wrong, but I'll do someone that won't need it so much." I nodded my head, "Someone who never speaks much and is quiet.  Someone who is unconscious for a bit.  Their capability to speak still work but they currently won't be needing them."

Levy soften her eyes and finally agreed.

"Ly sunki mufa Hashi toba maju nawki BAshew KOYANA VOSEKEW!" I exclaimed and felt two souls' individual ability to speak switch over.

"Oh wow...." She muttered and then she gasped when she spoke.

Her voice...

It was memorizing, just as before.  And oh, how I forgotten it.

"Levy, I forgotten how much I missed your voice!" I exclaimed, hugging her.

"Lehz!" She exclaimed back, laughing at the matter.

"Will you say you miraculously got your voice back or will you keep it hidden from others?" I asked her.  I was curious.

"I.. I'm not sure," she smiles awkwardly.

"We should head back inside." I tell her after the land was glowing with bright light, "You said you wanted to see this wedding.  Things are going to start soon."

Back in the room, Levy got paper just in case she decided to keep pretending.

However Levy's next words brought me confusion, "Don't look, alright,"

I turned my head in wonder, "Wait why what are you...." I widen my eyes in shock, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TAKING OFF YOUR CLOTHES?!" I turned away immediately and pulled my hair so it was covering my face.

Levy narrowed her eyes, "I said don't look.  But noooo you decided hm she said don't look that must mean I definitely should look." She told me in a flat tone, "A... Are... Are you covering your face with your hair cause your red?!" She exclaimed.

"No." I muttered lamely, "I fell."

I heard her giggle, "Yeah I'm sure you did.  You always do this when you're embarrassed.  At least you're not trying to bury your head in the sand," she grinned.