Cloak and Disaster

Sakura Empire

In a secluded place in the Sakura Empire: Akagi and Kaga can be seen presenting a black box to Nagato.

Nagato: So this is the black box that allows us to command the sirens?

Akagi: Hai. But that is only a byproduct. The power of the black mental cube contains so much data that can be used for project Orochi. But knowing Azur Lane already knows about this, I would like to ask permission to allocate more budget in order to speed up the project.

Nagato: This is a tremendous request, mainly because it forced us to make the first move.

Akagi: The Orochi is now our only hope, especially because that Enterprise look-alike is here now. If intelligence is to be believed, she has over a decade of battle experience, making her more powerful than the Grey Ghost.

Nagato: She has as much experience as Mikasa.

Kaga: She may have never fought sirens, but she has fought ships like us in combat. She is ruthless to her enemies, not discriminating between carrier or destroyer.

Nagato: So what would you have me do?

Akagi: She is a dangerous shipgirl and commander; we must take her out of the picture as fast as possible.

Nagato: If what you say is true, how do we do that?

Kaga: We can try to assassinate her, whether be it poison, accident, or even the classic backstab.

Akagi: If it fails, we need to lure her out and surround her with two fleets.

Nagato: Isn't that a bit excessive?

Akagi: I have seen what she can do; she is not to be taken lightly.

Nagato: I'm not comfortable marking a shipgirl a dishonourable death.

Kaga: It is honour or victory at this point. We will eventually be overwhelmed by Azur Lane, and our only hope is the elimination of Enty from the board and the completion of project Orochi.

Nagato: *sighs* The budget allocation has been approved, and make sure Enty will no longer be a threat to us.

A and K: Hai!

In a restaurant in the Sakura Empire

Nimi can be seen calmly sipping her green tea before being irritated by three shipgirls admiring Ayanami.

Shigure: You are so lucky. Being able to save your seniors must've been an honour.

Yukikaze: I, the glorious Yukikaze, accept your praise.

Yuudachi: I'm so jealous of you, Ayanami; you get to fight and save your seniors. I can't wait to fight!

Ayanami remembers seeing her friends there, but she also remembers the sadistic smile Enty gave her. She was puzzled but pushed it aside. What Ayanami didn't know is that she carries a listening device on her.

Sakura Empire training grounds

Takao: *inhales* A katana like this is delicate and requires the patience and diligence of its bearer. Zuikaku.

Takao looks over her shoulder and stares at Zuikaku for a moment; and notices that she has an issue she would like to talk about.

Takao: Why are you here?

Zuikaku: I would like to talk to you in private.

Takao and Zuikaku then headed to a hill overlooking the Sakura port.

Takao: Speak, my friend.

Zuikaku: I-i didn't stand a chance against the Grey Ghost. I can't stay like this. I have to be stronger, or else what happened to Shokaku will happen again...!