First English lesson (E)

Pov Emma

Today my sick leave is done. I am ready to go back to school. Actually, ready is not really the correct word. I still don't want to face miss brown after what happend last week. I've been attending some parties will had organized. It has been a crazy week. I know my face is showing. I look tired as hell. Sleeping in a real bed is great, but it only works if you are in fact sleeping... If I let him know about staying over, he tries to keep the parties outside, but last week wasn't planned. I needed a place to crash asap and I was lucky the room he usually lets me stay in was free. I can't thank him enough.

Of course I have English today. It will be the first real lesson I get from miss Brown. I've only been to school the first day. Which makes today my second one... I did have a sick note, so they can't say anything about it. Officially, I was not skipping. But I know the teacher will have made up their minds about me and think I've skipped a week. They all do. I don't know why, but when I was missing more and more classes two years ago, they all just put a label on me. And I've noticed nothing has changed since I got back.

We enter miss brown's classroom and everybody is taking a seat. Miss brown is busy with some papers and doesn't even look at us.

I think she's not interested in who is entering and who is not. She looks beautiful, as always. The noise decreases. You can almost hear the raising heartbeats of the boys at the front row when miss brown looks up. Her eyes scanning the room. She looks at me and pauses. She's wonder-struck. She opens her mouth but no words come out.

I divert my look onto my empty desk hoping she will start the lesson and she does. I get my sketchbook and start drawing. It is becoming a face, her face. It isn't recognizable yet, but it will. She gets up and walks between the students while teaching. I hear her high heels clicking on the floor and her voice sounds soothing, but I can't really pay attention. I'm completely focused on my drawing. Until i realize the clicking and volume of her voice isn't changing anymore. She is standing in the exact same spot foor a while now. I look up and can't see her. Reality kicks in. She stands behind me and is watching over my shoulder. She is staring at me drawing, but keeps on teaching.

As fast is I can, i put something over my sketchbook. Who am i kidding, she already saw everything. I am lucky it isn't clear yet who I'm drawing. But still, I don't want her, or anybody for that matter see what's in my sketchbook. It is my work, it is my way of clearing my head. I try not to look at her and dodge any form of communication.

She continues and doesn't say a word to me. She really doesn't mind? She leaves and goes to the front of the classroom. I feel her watching me now and then. The class is almost over and I start to collect my stuff. I'm ready to get out as soon as the bell rings. I won't be long, any second now. "Emma, please stay seated, I need to talk to you" miss Brown says *TRIIIIIIIIING*

F*ck. She got me. Just a few seconds before the bel goes. Sigh. The rest leaves and i lean back in my chair , staring at an empty desk. Miss brown closes the door and is leaning with her beautiful ass on the desk before me. She crosses her arms and looks at me. My eyes are drown to her long elegant legs, I want to check her out but I am to scared, so i lower them back to my desk. Keeping my head down.

"Emma, how are you doing?" She asks. I raise my shoulders without saying a word. She tries to make eye contact but i keep my head down. I just can't look at her without my heartbeat raising. She takes a pause, it is like she has so many questions but isn't sure about what t ask first.

"Where have you been? We missed you in class" "sick" i answer. It came out more like a question than a statement. I hear her chuckle so i know she isn't believing me. "So you can talk... for a moment I was thinking you weren't able to use that mouth for anything else then kissing" My head jumps up, i look at her rather confused as I feel my cheeks turning red. Where did that came from, why would she say something like that. She looks right into my eyes and i can't stand it so almost immediately I lower my head again.

She lowers herself next to me, grabs my chin and turns my head. "Your lip is healing I see, you want to tell me what that's about?" I pull my head out of her hand and she stands up again  "You know, i want to help you. I can help you. But you need to tell me what is wrong...Why were you ignoring me at that pool party?" Silence once again. "You were really brave rescuing that girl. When everybody was checking on her, I just wanted to make sure you were fine. I can't know what is going on if you're not talking to me" I take a deep breath and open my mouth to reply but the knocking on the door saves me.

"Hello miss brown, I am sorry for bothering you but I've a question about the upcoming test. Do you have a moment?" She smiles at the student. "Of course just give me ..." as she is saying that I find my chance to get up and walk out. Once in the hall way I hear her and the student talk about an important test. Not a clue what it's about.

The next class I pissed off the teacher. She took away my sketchbook and when i tried to grab it, i kind a pushed her a little. So now i am suspended for 2 days. And I can't get my sketchbook back until after. F*ck school. F*ck teachers. They suck.