Missing the english test (E)

POV emma

The bel goes and Will is opens the door. I recognize the voice. Miss Brown. What is she doing here. I don't want to see her. She's presumably here for William, asking for a date or something. I feel embarrassed, Will isn't wearing much and can be so cocky sometimes.

Suddenly I hear my name. I am not sure I heard this right until Will emphasizes it. He isn't the subtile type but this gives me the opportunity to sign him not to tell anything. I try to get past them and run upstairs so if she wants to enter she doesn't see me. She isn't coming in and I hear William changing subjects so I think I'm safe.

Someone knocks at my door. "Yeah?" "Its me, can I come in?" "Yeah sure thing Will" he opens the door and gets a seat next to me. "You wanna tell me what that was about?" "What do you mean?" "Em, come on. You girls were talking at the barbecue and it seemed cosy. But then you suddenly left, and she did too. You show up at my door with bruises because of the fight and now she's here checking up on you... who is she? Do you know each other?"

I sigh. I need to tell Will. "Ok, don't freak out." He nods "That was Miss Brown. Natasha Brown. She's a teacher." "Oh, so you know her from school?" "She is my mentor and my English teacher" "oh wow, she's your teacher?" "Yeah...and I've no idea how she got into our private life or how she knows about the parties and stuff"

"I can answer that for you.... She's becks best friend" I look at him confused "wait , your becks? Like your ex?" "Yeah... I saw them at the club and invited them" we both sit there let it all sink in.

"So my new teacher is the best friend of your ex, who still comes over from time to time and now brings miss brown with her?" He nods "That means I'll see her at school and outside of school" "uhu"

We sit on my bed in silence for a while.

"Do you need to tell me anything more?" I look surprised when he asks. I try to figure out what he's talking about. "What do you mean?" "Em's, when you talk about her, your eyes get all big and your cheeks are getting red..." I shake my head. "I've been to school , just like you. Not for long I admit, but in all those years a teacher never came up to check on me. Nor did they try to talk to me outside of school. She knows who you are and you knew immediately who she was and you to still came to the same parties"

I nod "not intentionally" he laughs. "Maybe not by your part." "What do you mean will?" "I think you need to talk to her. She clearly cares about you and it wouldn't hurt to pour your heart out to someone else besides me" I hesitate before saying anything. He is right, but I just can't. "but she's my teacher" Will is clearly thinking before replying "sounds to me she's trying to be your friend, or at least a really caring and helpful teacher. Go to school tomorrow and talk to her"

He can see my inner struggle. "She is special. I can see how you act around her. You try to be tough as fuck, but deep inside you want to open up. Am I getting close?" I look at him and smile "shut up" he laughs. "I knew it. You like her!" "Will, shut the fuck up. She's my teacher. We didn't even had a real conversation. I don't know her and she doesn't know anything about me" I can tell Will is enjoying this too much. "But you want to get to know her, and from where I am standing I can see you want her to get to know you as well"

"This is so wrong Will, it can't happen." "Just talk to her, you can at least use her kindness and interest to tell your story. It will help you cope with stuff. And maybe she can help. Just go to school and talk to her, for me please?" I nod but don't say anything.

He gets up and walks to the door, before he steps out he turns around, looks me in the eyes. "You know, she's only twenty three, and you're almost nineteen. Just graduate, nobody can say anything about it after that. It isn't illegal, it's just messy because she's your teacher" "you're unbearable sometimes" I say throwing my pillow to his head. He dodges it, laughs and winks "love you too Em"

He steps out to leave me alone with my thoughts. I guess miss brown didn't have to come over to check on me. And she didn't mention being my teacher, so maybe she really wanted to know how I'm doing. But why? Why is she so interested? Is she really so caring about all her students? Maybe it's because she is new. She wants to make a good impression.

I don't want her to use me as a charity case or as her I-want-to-make-a-good-impression-project. I am sure that's what this is about. She probably knows I am untameable and wants to prove a point by getting on my good side, or worse by using my personal life and emotions against me. Would she? No she can't be that bad? Right? That would be a really shitty move.

Sigh. I don't know anymore. Every time I am around her I am getting weird. I can't think straight. I get torn between telling her everything, trusting her and running away. I want to trust her, I just can't. She's a teacher and I know for a fact she will tell on me. It is her duty to tell on me. On the other hand... she didn't rat me out yet, and she has seen a few things.

I'll just go to school Monday. Let's see what happens. Maybe she ignores me or my absence. I've already missed a lot and I really need to pass this year. I've already made up my mind about what to do after graduation, but just in case.

I put in my AirPods, take my phone and put on some music. I'm feeling sunny, so let's go for papi chulo vibes. I drop myself on my bed, set an alarm for the next day and close my eyes.