Tutoring (N)

*This is a longer chapter*

POV Natasha

I am sitting at my desk. My mind is running off. I didn't tell becks yet about my visit to Will last week, nor did I pass the invitation for past weekend to her. I can't help getting this feeling she will not be happy about it. Would Will know that I am Emma's teacher? He was probably wondering why I came over. Emma must have said something when I left. I don't think William would let It pass. I still don't know why she didn't just come to the door and talk to me. She could've shown her face and tell me everything is good.

The bell rings and my students are walking in. To my surprise, Emma is one of them. She's at school? A smile appears on my face. I try to contain it. She's wearing ripped skinny jeans which show small parts of several tattoos, black and white mid high nikes, an oversized white vintage t-shirt leaving room for her half sleeve to show. It is the first time I can take my time to really look at her. She has her hair up, showing a fine line text tattoo in her neck. And some smaller ones behind her ear. The sentence is interrupted by several silver chains hanging from her neck. One chain is really long, and has a small silver bar on it hanging as low as her stomach. Its the first time I noticed but she has a stretch in her left ear and several piercings in her right ear accompanied by a long feather shaped earring.

Everybody is seated and I start the lesson. occasionally , I look at her and although she isn't really paying attention to the subject matter, she is present. She is drawing again, I don't know why but I let her. normally I would get her into detention. If any other student was doing this, I would lose my shit. I think it helps her. It keeps her calm. When she is drawing, a vibe of serenity and relaxation is hanging around her.  Time is almost up so I position myself at the door post and lean against it. As my shoulder touches it, the bell rings. Like usual, the students are almost fleeing the scene. But not Emma. She only notices class is over when someone accidentally hit her desk. She lifts her head and looks around to see everybody leave. I say goodbye to each student passing me. When she comes up and wants to walk out I get in front of her blocking the way out. I look her in the eyes "get a seat Emma" she immediately turns her head down and start to look at my feet.

I lift her head by pushing her chin gently. "Sit down" I order her. She goes over to the first desk, pulls back the chair and takes a seat. She's acting all tough, hanging back in her chair. But I can tell she's a bit nervous. It is kinda cute, seeing through her walls, the badass look and acting up is all just for show. It makes me smile.

"You've missed a very important test yesterday" I start "they told me you were ill" she doesn't respond. She's just staring at me. "Are you better now?" I ask. Her eyes change. They are getting cocky and penetrating. Like she's trying to read my mind or something but telling me to fuck off at the same time. I can't help it but this look is intriguing. It gets to me. It makes me shiver. I can feel things going from my toes up to my head.

"I was sick, but I feel better now. So if you don't mind, I would like to get something to eat" she says. It is the first normal thing I hear her say at school.  I know she's lying and I am not letting her get away with it. "What was wrong? Where did you stay?" She looks at me with those same eyes. She licks her lower lip, turns her head away and grins. She runs her hand through her hair and stretches. I can see bruises at her biceps as the sleeves of her obviously way to big shirt are falling down till her shoulder. Her arms are so toned, it is a bit distracting. Damn she's fine. I take a step back to get a better look. She notices me staring at the bruises and lowers her arm immediately.

Her smile disappears and she looks away. I get closer and lower myself, I put my hand on her leg. "You are talking to me, I've seen you outside of school. I can tell you're lying to me." She keeps avoiding my eyes. "And why are you always looking away? I am talking to you, you could at least look at me" because I got closer to her I can see even more bruises and her ripped lip. The side of her cheek is yellow and a bit blue. I replace my hand from her leg to her arm "talk to me, let me help you, what happened?"