The fun has yet to come (E)

POV Emma

This moment is great, I had the chance of making love with Natasha and now we're cuddling and enjoying the moment we just shared. Every small move I make reminds me of the scratches in my back from her nails because of the sensitivity from them rubbing against the sheets. Those must be deep, but it was worth it. So was the pain I felt from m other wounds. I suppressed it all, it didn't even take any effort because my mind and my heart was too busy with pleasing Natasha, caught in the moment.

She still hasn't said a word since and it is making me nervous. She's still laying her with me and cuddling, she didn't leave of run of so that is reassuring me a bit, but still... I hope she has no regrets.

"Are you okay?" I ask. My words tumble out of my mouth as my throat is dry from nerves. I turn my head to the other side bracing for impact coming from the sentence I expect to arrive soon. I don't want her to see me getting sad and hurt if her answer is about her regretting this.

I feel her head lifting from my chest and her eyes burning on the side of my head. She moves her hand to my chin and turn my head.

"Why are you looking away when asking me that?"

"I am afraid of the answer you're going to give me"

Her eyes become compassionate, caring, even loving and her mouth turns into a faint smile.

"Don't you worry, I feel great, you did amazing." She says comforting me.

"I wasn't looking for compliments... I want to..." I hesitate for a moment not wanting to scare her away. She looks me in the eyes waiting for me to finish my sentence. I can't handle this.

"Never mind... I need to use the restroom" I say as I get myself underneath her. I get up and head over to the restroom in the hallway while I hear Natasha scream my name. I ignore her. Did she just say that to comfort me? I was amazing? Like, is that all? Was this all about being pleased? What the fuck is happening with me. This should be my dream scenario. Fucking a beautiful woman, no strings attached, being able to leave the day after. That's what I'm used to. Why does it hurt now? Why don't I want this to be like that? I don't get it. I feel tears coming up but try to shove them down.

I get back into Natashas room to find her sleeping. I sigh. Maybe I should make things easier and sleep in one of the spare rooms. After a few moments in doubts not knowing what the best action could be right now, I pull the sheets over her body, tuck her in, turn around en head over to the spare room I uses recently. I don't want her to think I am a creep, getting into bed with her in the middle of the night while she's sleeping.

I sit on the side of my bed , fall back and stare at the ceiling, thinking about everything we said and did. All the mixed signals. It isn't until the soft pink light is raising on the horizon, I feel my eyes closing as the tiredness is falling upon me.

I feel something running over my arm, it is a light touch but stil noticeable enough to wake me. I slowly open my eyes for them to meet Natasha's. Realization kicked in making me lift myself. I look over at the clock, I've slept for about an hour so she can't be sitting here that long.

"Good morning handsome, You didn't come back to bed yesterday... are you okay?" She asks looking wondering at my arm I just pulled back.

"I'm fine" I mumble with my sleepy head.

"You're clearly not fine Em... Is this about yesterday?"

Ugh. Why does she has to bring it up. Maybe I should act like it was just a fuck and leave it. I think that would be so much easier than dealing with feelings and stuff. Who am I kidding anyway, like she would ever go for someone like me. She probably just wanted to have a good time.