Sketchbook (N)

POV Natasha

I tried to talk to her. I can't figure out what is going on. I think I make her nervous, but I'm not sure. She isn't telling anything to anybody and I don't know why. I'm not sure if she can't, if she isn't willing to or if she's just to scared to talk about herself. She was gonna say something. She was about to share something when another student interrupted us. She didn't even let me finish, she just took her stuff and left.

I was lost in my thoughts as I walked to the teachers lounge which is empty the moment I arrive. The whiteboard has a name one the suspended list. Who would that be, we are just starting the second week. As I get closer I can read Emma's name. What did she do now?

I get a seat at one of the cosy corners and look around. My eyes are drawn to a black book laying on the table. It is Emma's sketchbook. Nobody is watching, I take the book en put it in my bag. I take another look around, but I am all alone. I don't know why I took the sketchbook, but all I want to do is browse through it. I want to know if anything is written which can help me understand Emma.  

Once home, I pour myself a glass of wine, put on the music and drop myself into the lounge. I am too curious. I get up and take Emma's sketchbook. I put it on the table in front of me and stare for a while. I am in doubt. Should I open it or not. Art is so personal. Maybe there is a reason she doesn't show anybody.  I really want to know what's in it so badly. I open it and browse through it. Wow. This girl is so talented. Why isn't she in art school? She is so damn creative. I keep turning the pages. Artwork after artwork is presenting itself to me. I get tears in m eyes. She is trowing away her future, she good earn money with this but in stead she is missing school and partying. I hurts to know that a girl with so much potential isn't using it. 

Between the last pages a drawing is intriguing me. It is a face, beautiful drawn. Detailed eyes, perfect captured look in the eyes. You can really feel the emotion captured. I'm blow away. Is that me? It is me... wow. It is outstanding. But why me? Is this the reason she was covering up her art? I am not sure what to think about it.

Next day at school I replace the sketchbook. Nobody noticed it was gone. Monica enters as I was seating myself. She joins me in the cosy corner 

"Any plans for the upcoming leave?" I shake my head 

"No not really. How about you?" 

"Not Yet" she smiles at me.