The morning after (E)

POV Emma

I wake up feeling a body pressed on mine, warm breath in my neck. Natasha lays next to me with har face planted in the side of my neck, one arm wrapped around me and one leg thrown over mine. I feel happy waking up like this, I stare at her, try not to wake her so I can enjoy this moment for a little longer. I wish this moment would never end.

She looks beautiful, even sleeping. So peaceful. I find myself caressing her back with the tips of my fingers and it doesn't take long before she starts to squirm softly and a big smile appears on her face with her eyes still closed.

"Good morning beautiful" I whisper

She opens her eyes, searches for my lips and gives me a small kiss.

"Good morning"

I don't want to move and it seems like she doesn't want to either because we stay in bed, cuddling, quietly. It isn't an awkward silence, it's a good one. I want to pinch myself, I can't believe this is happening, I can't believe this is real. It feels like a dream.

Maybe it is a dream. I mean, we had sex two times but I don't know what we are yet... maybe she wants to keep it this way... maybe she just wants the fun part and nothing more. I'm not sure if I want that. It is the first time I've ever felt this way. I am falling for her and I can't hide it anymore. I want her, all day, every day. Not just for sex, but for everything. I want to share my life with her. I need to clarify our situation before we both regret what happened.

"Natasha, what ..." I take a deep breath.

"Yeah?"

"I.. I just... I want..." I don't know how to start this conversation. I know it would be the best for us to talk about this and open up about our feelings, but I just don't know how. She knows I am struggling. She looks into my eyes and I can feel it. It makes me even more nervous. I don't know how to deal with these feelings, let alone start a conversation about them.

"Never mind" is mumble

"Come on babe, talk to me" she says tranquilizing me.

"Was this just for fun?"

"It was fun" she says smirking "but I've got a feeling that's not what you mean?"

"No, did you just ... like ... was this just a one - two time thing or?"

"Do you want it to be just a two time thing?" She asks me. I shake my head.

"Good, because I don't want it to be a two time thing"

I sigh.

"Just ask me what you want to know Emma"

"Do you like me?"

"Yeas, a lot. I like like you... I'm falling for you Emma, maybe even already fell for you..."

My heart jumps by the words she just said. She likes me, she's even falling for me.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about your feelings for me?"

"At first I wasn't sure what I was feeling, when it became clear to me I thought I was showing you."

"You gave me mixed signals. I sometimes had the idea I was imagining things... like I wanted it to be true but it couldn't be because what would you, a beautiful intelligent woman, see in a lost case like me..."

"I tried to fight it tho, you were my student. I couldn't get involved with my student. I could get in trouble for that... besides, you were confusing me. You practically pushed me into Monica's arms, after almost setting me up with William. You get so much attention from everyone and always go with it... like you're not even interested in me. And the avoiding or ignoring me didn't help. I still don't know where you stand in this matter...."

"I couldn't handle being in your presence. It drives me insane. I had troubles containing myself. I've been into you for a while now, I just didn't know what it was... I've never felt like this... Not even Monica"

A gentle smile forms upon her face while she pushes her body firmly into me. Her fingers making circles on my chest. It's like she's doubting.

"Are you okay?" I ask wondering. She nods

"When I entered your room in the morning, that one time you stayed over... you know, that bad timing moment..."

"I was fantasizing about you" I admit. My cheeks turning red instantly. I turn m head so I don't need to look at her reaction for what I've just confessed. I don't even know why I told her.

"Why did you run? You could've stayed and talked to me? Or just stayed..."

"Not knowing how you'd react? Not knowing how you'd feel about it? You could've started the conversation right away..."

"Like you would've answered me?!" She says laughing

"I wanted to respect your privacy. You spending the night here doesn't mean you've got no right to privacy nor does it mean you can't be yourself... if I didn't left immediately, wouldn't you've had freaked out?"

"I actually would have liked you giving me a hand" I say smirking and blushing at the same time.

"What do you want to do now?"

"Eat?"

"I mean about us Emma?"

"I want to be with you, I want a future with you. let's go on some dates since we skipped that part and take it from there? " I tel her with determination. For the first time in a while I can tell her something I'm really certain about. I want her.

"Good, I'd like that... what about your school? You can't just wait all day long for me to finish work. I need to go to work"

"Looks to me you don't really need to..."

"You know what I mean, I want to go to work."

"I know. I still want to graduate... Maybe you can help me apply for that art school you told me about?"

"Ofcourse I will help you babe" Her calling me babe sends shivers down my spine. It feels so warm coming from her lips.

I am feeling so happy. I can be myself around her. She made the one for me. I feel things I've never felt before and she's also into me. We'll take it slow and decide to date for a while. Getting to know each other. I can't wait to call her my girlfriend. I can't wait to see what the future brings for us. I can see myself getting old with her and I hope she feels the seem. But for now, I am so enjoying this thing we have. It can only get better.

"Thank you, for helping me, for believing in me, for being here for me"

"No matter where, no matter what, I'll always be here for you" I take her head with one hand and kiss her. I love this woman. We close our eyes and just lie here, savoring every second from the beginning of our new story. 

---- This is the end of my first story, would you guys like a sequel? ---