Chapter 10

*Cloud's P.O.V.*

"So.... You're living with the current Doppelgänger posing as his brother?" I asked, still trying to get my head wrapped around everything.

"Yeah, that's right. His name's Roxas, I can't believe you haven't seen him before you've been living in the same town as him for years" Ventus replied

"I try not to get too familiar with the people in town, Zexion and I mainly keep to ourselves that makes it easier when we have to move" I explained. At the mention of Zexion Ventus visibly stiffened. What was his problem? "why'd you stiffen?"

"I didn't"

"Yes you did"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Don't lie to me Ventus"

"Fine, It's him. Zexion or whatever the hell his name was. You basically replaced me" Ventus growled. So he was jealous of Zexion... There really was no need for him to be.

"I wasn't replacing you at all, Zexion was dying so he asked me to turn him that's all"

"You still think of him as a brother"

"So would you if you've spent over 300 years with someone."

"Whatever. Anyway Roxas knows about vampires now which is why I was... you know..."

"Eating people"

"Yeah. Anyway he was marked by a vampire recently"

"What vampire?" I asked already suspecting his answer.

"A red head. I've never seen him before but he looked a little like Reno" Reno. One of Shinra's little bitches, possibly the most dangerous after Shinra himself. Although Rude was not to be under estimated either.

"That's one of the vampires who just moved here. The older one I think, the other's only about three months old" I said as Ventus' eyes widened.

"Three months? And you're just letting him live?"

"Zexion said he was going to watch him and make sure he isnt a danger to anyone. He's taken a liking to him" I had every faith in Zexion's judgement. If he couldn't handle the new born he'd terminate him. It was as simple as that.

"Glad to see you have so much trust in your fake brother" Ventus scowled. This jealousy act was going to wear thin very very fast.

"Mm. Well I have to go" I told him thinking of how I was meant to be meeting Leon. I still need to explain everything to him. And no. I don't try to keep him away from the dangerous vampire stuff, he knew what he was getting into when he let me mark him and I promised not to keep things from him.

"Why"

"I need to meet my marked human"

"Right"

"Keep an eye on Roxas. The last thing we need is Shinra and his goons sniffing around" And with that I was gone.

*Rude's P.O.V*

I sat on the bed of the small motel we were staying in. By we I mean Reno and myself of course. Shinra rarely gave us any jobs that involved being away from each other. It was better for everyone. That way no one would have to deal with Reno's constant whining and complaints.

"I like it here. This is nice" Reno told me as he flashed around the room. Bouncing off the walls, literally.

"Would you calm down? We're here to work not run around like morons" I snapped at him irritatedly. Don't get me wrong, I really love Reno. Adore him even. He's just difficult to put up with sometimes.

Reno pouted. "When do we get to hunt the doppelgängers?"

"In the morning" I told him looking through the files I had brought with me. The first one belonged to Ventus, the last doppelgänger.

It held details on well everything. Age, weight, height, species, household and family etc. Then there was Roxas'.

Name: Roxas Strife
Age: 14 years old
Birthday: 4th July

All the doppelgängers have the same birthday as well as the same everything else, except their personalities. It's all very strange.

Weight: 6 stone 3 pounds
Height: 5"2

Jeez this kid was tiny, snatching him and taking him back to Shinra would be a piece of cake.

Species: Human Doppelgänger
Household: Ventus Strife (Vampire)
Family: Squall "Leon" Leonheart (cousin)
Vanitas Leonheart (cousin)
Sora Leonheart (cousin)

All of his family are humans, they're not even really related to him. Fact is no one will even miss him, they probably wont even notice that he's gone. Which means we have nothing to feel bad about. Not that we would.

"What are those?" Reno asked flopping down on the bed beside me.

"Roxas and Ventus' files" I responded without looking up. I just saw his hand dart out fro the corner of my eye as he grabbed the pictures of the doppelgängers.

"This is freakin weird, they look exactly the same"

"That's the point. They're doppelgängers, exact replicas of each other"

"Yeah I know that but... wow I didn't think they'd be exactly the same must be tough"

"I'd hate it if I looked exactly the same as my brother" I said my thoughts going to my younger more flamboyant brother, Setzer. Thankfully I looked nothing like him. I haven't spoken to him for over a century maybe I should make some form of contact with him....

I was brought out of my thoughts when Reno pressed his lips against mine in a chaste kiss. "Put those down and lets have some fun" He told me. I dropped the files and shoved him down on the bed. This was going to be very fun indeed I smirked as I plastered kisses and nips down his neck.

*Roxas P.O.V*

I woke up shaking, beads of sweat dripped down my forehead. Another nightmare. I'd been having them for about a week now, the strange thing was I could never remember what they were about...

"Mm baby what's wrong?" A voice mumbled from directly beside me. I looked down and let out a very 'Manly' shriek. There's was a thud as Axel's body hit the hard ground. That's what the stupid son of a bitch gets for being in my bed without permission I thought.

"Ow Roxas what the hell..." He grumbled.

"I told you to sleep on the floor!" I hissed angrily. He was only here because Ventus told me he had to go somewhere for a few days and I didn't want to be alone. Especially after the nightmares I kept having.

"But the floor's uncomfortable..."

"If you get in my bed again I swear to God I will shout rape" I settled back down and the last thing I heard before I went back to sleep was:

"It's not rape if you enjoy it..."

*******
Whoo a chapter! What sorcery is this?
Well I got my act together and updated hope you guys think its ok.

Oh and the reason Setzer (the flamboyant looking guy at the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2 that Roxas beats the snot out of at the struggle tournament, no not seifer the other one) Is Rude's brother is because it's the same voice acted for both of those characters. Just a fun fact for you.

Hopefully there'll be another update soon since all of my exams are over.

Dance Water Dance
~ Sam xoxo