Chapter 19

*Roxas' P.O.V*

I was safe. For now anyway. There were still people out to get me. Apparently Shinra hadn't shown his face at all during the battle and only Reno had been killed. The others were only temporarily incapacitated. We were back at Riku's lake house, Axel says it's the safest place we could be because the original vampires can't get in here.

We were currently watching Cloud pacing around the kitchen, Axel had his arm around my waist. He hadn't left my side since he found me, not that I was complaining. "Are you sure he got your blood" Cloud asked me for the billionth time.

"Yes I'm sure, I watched him do it" I replied for the billionth time.

"Then we have to get it back. He can't complete the full ritual with one vial of blood but he could still do some damage"

"Like what?"

"Like giving himself more power and making him even harder to kill"

"Oh"

"Wait how did you kill Reno? He's old a normal stake wouldn't work" Riku interjected.

"My sword is made from the strongest metal on Earth and a witch cast a spell on it so that I could go after the originals. I stopped pursuing them when I found Zexion." Cloud responded with a shrug.

"Interesting. I did wonder why you bothered fighting with a sword" Riku eyed the sword that was leaning against the wall, Cloud stood in front of it blocking his view almost protectively.

"It's my sword so back off"

"Jeez calm your tits. We need to figure out what we're going to do"

"What you actually want to help?" Cloud narrowed his eyes.

"Are you kidding? I get the chance to kill one of the strongest blood suckers in the world, I want to help trust me" Riku replied, he looked kinda creepy when he thought about killing blood suckers- I mean vampires.

"Whatever we do Roxas should stay here" Axel piped up.

"I agree" Nodded Ventus. Jeez don't I get a say in this?

"I want to help" I said

"You'll be more helpful here out of the way" Cloud informed me. Damn I am so offended right now, I couldn't blame him, he was probably right. I sighed and nodded my head in agreement.

"Sora will be here to keep you company" Riku told me. Since when was Sora involved in all of this? I suppose he'll fill me in later...

"They won't expect us to attack again so soon but tomorrow is the full moon, which means if Shinra's going to use the blood he'll be using it then. I have an idea of where he'll be too"

And that began the hours and hours and hours of planning. I zoned out for most of it, it was mostly Cloud talking Riku and Axel would occasionally offer some input. Eventually I pulled myself away from Axel and went to explore the house. I found Sora snoring in one of the upstairs rooms, Riku's I'm guessing. I made my way up to the attack, if there's anything interesting to be found in a house it's always in the attic. I watch enough tv to know that.

The attic didn't look like an attic at all, in fact it looked more like a library. There was books and files upon files everywhere, hadn't they ever heard of a kindle? I browsed a couple of the book and file titles, they all seemed to be factual documents about what looked to be different supernatural species. Discarded on a table by the door was a significantly small file titled 'Doppelgangers'. I picked it up and flicked through it.

There was barely ten pages in the whole thing, it barely told me anything I didn't already know. I guess I really was an enigma. Cloud seemed to be the only one who really knew anything about what I am. I would have to talk to him after all of this is over, we were sort of family after all.