Chapter 8

*Ventus' P.O.V* 

"So is this permanent?" I heard Roxas ask in hushed tones from the other end of the crowded hall way, he was stood with a tall red head. A vampire. I felt a shot of worry and dread course through my veins. Surely he couldn't know... But what if he did? I'd lose him for good if he found out I'd been lying to him for the past two years.

The truth is I'd been watching over Roxas ever since he was a baby, I'd been following the family line ever since I got turned into a vampire waiting for the next doppelganger. A doppelganger is a being that is reborn as a different person every five hundred years or so to the same bloodline. Their blood holds magical properties, which of course makes them big targets for most supernatural creatures. Doppelganger blood can be used to cast powerful spells, break curses or spells and a number of weird rituals.

When I'd been human I was discovered by a vampire, a very old vampire, named Rufus Shinra. He had wanted to use me to cast a spell on himself to give him the powers of other supernatural species, such as witches, and make himself the most powerful creature in the world and all that cliche crap.

There was just one hitch in his amazing plan, he didn't anticipate one of my father's servants being a vampire. Isn't it great that my father knew exactly what I was but neglected to leave it out of every conversation we ever had? He'd ordered his servant to hide some of his blood in one of my meals each day, so that if someone did come calling my blood would already be tampered with and useless for another 24 hours until the vampire blood left my system.

One day Shinra decided he wanted me to die in fire for his spell, he torched my entire house. My whole family was killed, my mother, father even my big brother Cloud. When I woke up I was hidden in a cave with the vampire servant where he explained every thing to me. I promptly left and went on the run from Shinra and his monkeys.

A couple of hundred years later here I am. Listening in on someone I think of as a brother's conversation. I clearly have an issue with trust. Are you really that surprised?

"Yeah it's permanent" The red head replied.

"Seriously?! I have to walk around like this for the rest of my life?!"

"Yep"

"You're a jackass" Roxas snapped,

"Look it'll protect you from other vampires ok?" What the red head said took a while to sink in. Roxas did know about vampires... And just like that all of my resolve and defences broke down. The smell of blood was starting to effect me like it never had before.

Getting out of there was the first thing I could thing of. So I ran. Fast. Out of the school all the way to down town. I only had one thing on my mind now. Food.

*Cloud's P.O.V* 

I believed  Zexion when he said he'd take care of the newborn. He was a good kid. The only family I have left even though neither of us would admit to how much we relied on each other. I sometimes feel bad about refering to Zexion as my brother, I had a brother. Had is the opperative word. Ventus had died along with my family. Lord only knows how Id been turned into a vampire. I was probably fed on then healed, then compelled to forget. Then died in the fire. 

I'd found Zexion about 300 years ago, the lab he'd been working in had exploded and he was dying. So I turned him. One thing Zexion and I had in common was that we both died in fire. How depressing. 

"What are you thinking about?" Leon asked, bringing me out of my thought. He was one of the many secrets I kept from Zexion. My marked human. Zexion didn't agree with marking people. 

"Nothing important" I replied gathering up my study notes and putting them back into my school bag. 

"Hey" He pulled my face around to face him. "What's up?" I sighed. Of course he saw right through me. In an unusual display of affection he normally saved for when we were in private he pulled me onto his knee. 

"I was just thinking about the past"

"Ventus and the fire?" He asked. I noded. He sighed and kissed me lightly. "Dwelling on it wont change anything."

"Yeah I know" 

"That's not all is it?" 

"I have a bad feeling about something. It's nothing I'm probably just being paranoid about these newborns" I tell him. "I gotta go anyway, see you at lunch."

I got off his knee and flashed off. I vaguely heard a "Well bye then" after wards.  When I got into town all I could smell was blood. It was everywhere. I followed the scent into an alley way.

There were bodies strewn all over the place, male and female alike, and a blonde boy stood pinning another to a wall. Draining them of everything they had. He suddenly dropped them and looked up.

I swear if I'd had a heart it would have stopped. "Ventus?" My voice sounded croaky. His eyes snapped to me a blood red colour and his shock was evident.

"C-Cloud?"

**************

Not as long as usual but not by much. Thought Id leave you there with a cliffhanger.

Vote comment etc

Dance water dance

~Sam xoxo