Chapter 17

*Demyx's P.O.V*

Deep breath. Whooo you can do this Dem Dem. Just a small bite, that's all it's gonna take. A small bite and a little bit of compulsion. Zexy says you'll be just fine.... Jeez I'm so nervous. Just remember why you're doing this... Why am I doing this again? I don't even know this Roxas kid.

I sigh, earning me a strange look from Zexion as we crouched on the roof of the pizza store. I'm doing this for Axel, he's done nothing but look after me since he turned me it's about time I did something in return for him. If Roxas is what makes Axel happy then I have to help get him back, I've never seen Axel happy before. He deserves to be happy. 

"That one" Zexion's voice brought me out of my thoughts as I looked down where he was pointing at a petite brunette woman. She looked to be around her early twenties.

"Are you sure?" I asked, my voice quivering slightly. He only nodded as a response. I gulped and swiftly jumped off the roof into the side alley, right next to the huge trash cans. Gross! I crept to the entrance of the alley and watched the girl pack up her motorcycle for a delivery. "Hey" I whispered, causing her to look around confused. "Over here" I called again.

She placed her delivery bag on the bike before turning and heading towards me "Hello?" She called. I didn't give her the chance to say anything else before I grabbed her and jumped up the roof to where Zexion was waiting. I heard her gasps and felt her struggling, but I said nothing as I followed Zexion along the roof tops and then into the forest by the enemies house. 

The woman was struggling and crying, pleading for me to let her go, but I couldn't get distracted. I refused to focus on the way her heart thudded with fright at quite an alarming rate. Zexion leaned up and gave me a firm kiss on the lips, boy his lips were soft.... "Please be careful" He murmured to me. My whole being leaped at his concern, it felt amazing knowing that someone loved me like Zexion did. He didn't say it, he didn't have too. I saw it in his eyes.

"I will" I promised him quietly before he vanished before my eyes, going to meet up with the others. I wanted to tell him to be careful too, but he was strong. He'd be ok. I turned back to the girl and started my compulsion "Stand still, this will only hurt a little..."

*Axel's P.O.V* 

I bit my nails anxiously, I could see a girl approaching the house gripping her bleeding neck. A small ounce of surprise shot through me, Demyx actually did it. However, the anxiety returned as soon as the door opened and a tall blonde vampire stepped out. 

My eyes widened in horror as she ripped the woman to pieces, arms first, followed by the legs and then finally the head. I had never  heard such a blood curdling scream in all my life, I could feel bile build up in my throat and by the choked sound coming from next to me, I wasn't the only one. Leon had gone deathly pale and looked like he would pass out at any moment, but much to my surprise he swallowed hard before tightening his grip on the gunblade he wielded a new kind of resolve flashing across his eyes. A resolve that promised justice, on my other side the same look covered Riku's face too. Maybe they were stronger than I had given them credit for. 

My eyes went back to the front door of the house Cloud had revealed himself first, swinging his fist and slamming it into the she-vamp's jaw. 

*Cloud's P.O.V*

"Cloud!" Elena hissed as she gripped her jaw. That punch felt good. 

"I'm here for the doppelganger Elena" I responded calmly.

"Well well isn't this a surprise?" Reno had appeared next to Elena, followed by Rude. Jeez Rude was so far up Reno's ass he could probably see out through his mouth. "So good to see you again dear"

Rufus wasn't anywhere in sight, but then, I had anticipated this. Rude cracked his knuckles glaring at me menacingly. I had told my brother's not to join the fight unless I desperately needed back up. We had to save Roxas, the consequences of the ritual were too great not too. The originals were taking slow steps towards me, like a predator would his pray. This was going to hurt...

*Riku's P.O.V*

We crept through the house quickly and swiftly, Axel leading the way. He would stop every so often to sniff the air, apparently he was like some sort of sniffer dog that had latched onto Roxas' scent. As long as we stayed out of the way and didn't take too long, we wouldn't be detected. My concealing mixture would see to that. 

I was impressed at how Leon was handling this, his expression had remained stoic since we got into the house. He hadn't freaked out or tried to run. I admired his determination to save his family, even knowing Roxas wasn't a blood relative of his.

Axel stopped suddenly, cocking his head listening. I couldn't hear anything, I could only assume it was something my human ears were unable to pick up. A fire lit up behind Axel's eyes and he glanced back at us before flashing off, my eyes unable to follow his fast movements. "Shit" I cursed, I should have known he would betray us and leave us stranded in enemy territory. I wasn't even surprised. 

"Looks like we're on our own" Leon muttered, I nodded my head in agreement.

*Roxas' P.O.V*

I whimpered as I held my wrist tight, blood gushing from the deep gash slashed across it. Shinra stood over me with a small vial that now contained my freshly spilled blood, the dagger he had used had been discarded on the side table. He put a stopper on the vial and left without another word. 

I squeezed my eyes shut against the pain, I was going to die here. I knew it. I heard the sound of the door opening again and I released a pained sob "Please... Haven't you taken enough..." I pleaded.

"Roxas it's me" Axel's voice said quietly, I sighed in relief settling back amongst the covers. Axel was here, he wouldn't hurt me. 

Realisation dawned on me and I sat up my eyes opening, he was here. He was alive! I flung myself off the bed and straight into his waiting arms, my previous pain forgotten. "You're alive! I never thought I'd see you again! I'm sorry for how I treated you! I'm going to get better I promise!" I rambled.

"Shhhh we need to be quiet or he'll come back... Shit Roxy you're bleeding. Here drink this" He bit into his wrist and held it to my mouth, I hesitated. He couldn't seriously expect me to drink that right? That's disgusting. I wasn't given much of a choice however as he held his wrist against my mouth, blood dripping down my throat.

I felt a sharp pain in my arm, looking down I saw the slashed up skin sewing itself together again. My eyes widened in awe, so I guess vampires were a little cool...

Axel gathered me up into his arms, making me feel like a complete girl. I wanted to protest but I was way too happy to see him, so I let him have his moment. "Hold on" He whispered, before he whisked me off to safety.

******************************

Whooo I updated! 

As always comment, vote etc

Dance Water Dance
~ Sam xoxo