Chapter 14

*Riku's P.O.V*

Shit! "Er.... Hi Ven..." I said awkwardly glancing around. So much for being a really accomplished slayer... Who am I kidding I've only killed like three vampires in my entire life... Man I'm such an embarrassment...

"What are you doing here?" Ventus glared at me, boy he wasn't happy

"What's a Doppleganger?" I countered. His glare only intensified, now the other blood suckers were sporting similar glares. I'm just digging myself a bigger hole here, I need to form a plan and fast. 

"You're a hunter aren't you?" Big blonde interjected 

"So what if I am?" I growled, I'm really not doing myself any favours here.

"And you're a friend of Roxas' aren't you?" Big blonde wasn't glaring which was weird considering the rest of them were, even the dumb ass mullet, instead he was wearing more a look of... Curiosity.

"I suppose I am, I'm closer to his cousins" I informed him.

"Is that so?" And just like that he was gone. Like a flash.

"Damn vampires..." I muttered.

Less than a minute later big blonde returned carrying a small bundle in his arms. A breathing small bundle. One with gravity defiant hair and large baggy clothes. Sora. I grit my teeth and offered him my own glare. "Put.Him.Down"

"He's not in any danger, but you're going to help us find Roxas or I'll turn him into a vampire" He threatened. Little bastard. When this is over he'll be the first one I kill, especially if he touches my Sora.

"Fine" I spat out with as much venom as I could muster. I held my arms out praying he would pass sora to me. "I want to make sure he's alright"

"He's fine, just sleeping. I'm going to put him in one of the upstairs bedrooms" Big Blonde said, then he was once again gone. I couldn't stop my body from shaking from fear, not fear for myself, fear for Sora. If he got turned into a vampire I would have to kill him... Wouldn't I?

"That's Cloud. He's my brother, one of Roxas' ancestors" Ventus explained to me, not that I was listening much. "That's Zexion, Cloud's adopted brother, his boyfriend is Demyx and that's... Axel was it?" A quick nod from the red head confirmed it "He's the one that marked Roxas"

So I can't kill the red head, or I could, but then I'd kill Roxas too and Sora would never forgive me. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if Sora was mad at me. I couldn't kill Ventus for the same reason. The others should be ok to kill though. Cloud cleared his throat causing me to look up.

"I've marked Squall Leonheart, no doubt you've heard of him so you can knock me off your to kill list. Also, if you touch Zexion I will kill you and I'm sure in turn if you go near Demyx, Zexion will be obliged to end your life also" Cloud said, he basically predicted what I was thinking. Zexion had lowered himself into a protective crouch in front of Demyx and was letting out a low, guttural growl.

"It's ok Zexy, I don't think he'll hurt us" Demyx said.

"We're going to formulate a plan to rescue Roxas. Shinra can't be allowed to complete the doppleganger ritual" Cloud sat down on the couch. "That's where you come in hunter, you seem to be good at concealing yourself from vampires."

"Fine, but not here. My family has a lake house that we use as a base of operations, those vampires can't enter there because it's a living persons home. They could just walk in here any time they want" I explained. 

This was going to be fun.

*Roxas' P.O.V*

He was going to... Kill me? He'd told me that hours ago and I was still trying to comprehend it all. I think the fact that Ventus isn't really my brother is the worst part. That means I am well and truly alone. I have no more living family. Excluding the Leonhearts of course, but they're only related to me through marriage.

Another thought came to me after this one. I wasn't completely alone. I had Axel. Since he marked me I've come to realise that he really will look after me no matter what. It also made me feel guilty about how badly I had treated him. I'm going to make things better if I get out of this I promised myself. I closed my eyes and tried to envision what I was going to do if I lived to see my next birthday.

We were all stood in my house, crammed into my small kitchen, there was me, Axel, Ventus, Sora, Leon and Vanitas. My whole family. On the counter top was a burnt, poorly decorated chocolate birthday cake that Axel had tried to make for me. I thanked him profusely and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, that made him smile. I wonder why I never noticed how nice his smile was until now? I didn't really have any presents, but that was ok, spending time with all the people I love is good enough for me.   

Sora insisted on helping me blow out my candles, once we'd done this we all went into the living room. Leon had brought over a lot of bean bags and blankets so we all had somewhere comfy to sit, then I put a film on for us all to watch. Axel and I shared the couch, I sat between his spread legs. I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me planting a kiss on the top of my head. A sigh of content escaped me and a smile graced my lips. 

Once the movie was over the Leonhearts went home. I played my piano for Axel for a while, then we went to bed. We lay together just quietly chatting for hours before we finally fell asleep. This year I turned 15, which means next year I turn 16, the age of consent. Next year I don't think we'll just be chatting and sleeping when we go to bed...

I sighed, oh how I wish that dream would become a reality.

***********

And there's another chapter! 

For those who are interested I just uploaded part 2 of Disorganization XIII.

You can find it on our channel Cloaked Nocturn Productions.

Watch it and subscribe etc. 

I'm going to start a new book that will inform people of when I've uploaded a new video to youtube, obviously if you aren't interested in watching them don't bother adding the book :)

vote, comment etc

Dance Water Dance
~ Sam xoxo