Chapter 18

*Leon's P.O.V*

"I swear I'll rip that fucking blood suckers heart from his chest when I get a hold of him...." Riku was muttering angrily next to me. Axel had run off a few minutes ago and left us wandering around this house like morons. I could hear shouting downstairs, sometimes it was Cloud and sometimes it was one of the others. He would be ok, I had every faith in his strength.

I was used to the whole vampire thing, Cloud had always been honest with me about that, but I had never become directly involved in anything like this before. I shook my head trying to get rid of the grotesque scene I witnessed before that was playing itself over and over. I couldn't afford to become distracted, not only was my own life on the line but so was Riku's and Roxas'. I just wanted to rescue my family, had I known that becoming involved with Cloud would put them in danger I'd have put my own wants aside and kept away from him.

"Why are you just standing there?!" Axel's voice brought me out of my own head.

"You bastard! You just left us!" Riku fumed. Roxas was curled up in Axel's arms, he looked exhausted. My heart went out to my cousin, in his place I'd have been terrified but he looked like he was coping.

"I could smell Roxas' blood and didn't want to wait for you slow ass humans to get to him!" Axel snarled back.

"You ok Rox? You scared us there" I cut off Riku's reply, their argument didn't matter in the long run. Roxas looked up and managed a small smile.

"I'm ok, sorry for worrying you" He replied, I nodded. "You two can stop arguing now or we won't get out of here alive" Roxas pinched Axel's shoulder.

"Right, sorry. Lets go" Axel responded.

"It's this way" Riku informed as he stormed back off in the direction we had come. This was going to be fun.

*Cloud's P.O.V*

I groaned as I felt Reno's hand penetrate my chest and wrap itself around my heart, shit. I had gotten slow over the years. I looked up to find a sadistic grin spreading across that annoying little prick's face. This was not how I wanted to die, not that I wanted to die at all but I had always imagined I would decide when I get to die. I bit back the pain and tightened my grip on the antique sword I was wielding, if I'm going to die I thought Then I'm taking him down with me. I pulled Reno closer to me and thrust the sword upwards as hard as I could.

There was a sickening crunch as I heard it break through his ribs and penetrate his heart. I felt his hand let go and fall from my chest as he stumbled back, my sword still stuck where I had left it. "W-what..." He mumbled as his face started turning grey and veiny, his skin taking on the complexion of a very dead vampire. Seconds later he dropped to the floor, unmoving, his eyes staring blankly to the side. I didn't have time to bask in the satisfaction I felt at having been the one to kill him before I was being tackled by a very angry Rude.

I reached for my sword still protruding from Reno's dead chest but couldn't reach it as I felt Rude trying to rip at my neck. His eyes had turned completely red as all control he had left him, I probably should have taken care of the biggest one first in retrospect... Oh well too late now. I managed to get my feet on his chest and kick him across the yard and into the side of the house. I jumped up without hesitation and ripped by sword from Reno with a squelching sound that make my stomach turn slightly.

I looked to the side to see Ventus and Zexion in their own fight with Elena, they seemed to be working well together for the first time since they met. Out the corner of my eye I could see Demyx hovering in the tree line, he was debating whether he should join the fray or not. We didn't need him but I understood his desire to make sure Zexion was safe, I was glad my brother had finally found someone that cared about him enough to risk his life for him because lets be honest, Demyx wouldn't stand a chance against any of the originals.

I heard the back door open and four sets of heartbeats emerged, indicating that Leon, Riku and Axel had been successful. I wanted nothing more than to continue what I had started and finish all of the originals off at once, however, this wasn't a fight we could easily win and I wouldn't risk their lives to satisfy my personal vendetta. I ran towards Rude just as he was rising to his feet from my last hit and took him by surprise, grabbing his jaw and snapping his head to the side. He dropped to the floor his neck broken, it didn't kill him, but it would keep him unconscious for a while before he healed.

I heard the thud as Elena's body hit the floor, Ventus and Zexion were panting. "Time to go" I told them. They both nodded in unison before we ran off to meet up with the others. Roxas was curled up against Axel's chest, tired but unharmed as far as I could see.

"Hey Rox..." Ventus said hesitantly

"Hey Venny" Roxas replied.

"I have a lot of explaining to do don't I?" Roxas nodded in response before putting his head back on Axel's shoulder and closing his eyes.

"But later. Lets get home first" Ventus nodded in agreement. Leon came over to me putting his gunblade on his back.

"You ok" He asked, I nodded. "Good"

"We'll go back to my lake house, it's still the safest place for us to be right now" Riku said, none of us had it in us to argue.

We headed back to the lake house.

************

Whooo an update!

So I've decided that this fic will only have two more chapters, I'm going to try to get them uploaded either today or at some point over the next week or so. However, my past record is not that great when it comes to setting myself deadlines so it may or may not happen.

Remember I love reading your comments and getting your votes so hop to it!

Dance Water Dance
~ Sam xoxo