Chapter 6

*Zexion's P.O.V*

I watched as the newborn, Demyx, fed from some girl in the alley. He was doing good, to say I'd seen him completely out of control yesterday, he was doing very good. He was in control being so gentle as he drew circles on the girl's cheek to comfort her, maybe he was doing that just to stop her from screaming or maybe he actually cared whether she was afraid of him or not. 

He pulled away a big grin on his day, making him look younger than just 16. "I did it!" He laughed "I did it Zexion!" 

I couldn't help but cracking a small smile, his happiness was infectious "Now you have to compel her again" I told him, he bit his lip slightly but nodded. He looks cute- Wait what?! Where the hell had that come from? I banished these... Crazy thoughts almost as immediately as they came. He turned and looked the girl directly in the eyes. 

"Forget this happened, you were attacked by an animal but you got away" He said his voice quivering slightly.

She nodded earnestly and repeated him "An animal attacked me, but I got away" He nodded then stepped back allowing her to get away from the wall. He turned to me expectantly. I didn't say anything just ran from the scene at vampiric speed, I knew he was following me. He carried the sent of blueberries. 

I stopped on top of a building three or four blocks away, he joined me a second and a half later. "That was... I did it!" His smile grew when the realisation finally dawned on him. "All by myself... Without Axel having to pull me off and do all the compeling...."

"Who's Axel?" I snapped immediately to attention. Demyx jumped as though he'd forgotten I was there at all and look baffled at why I would ask such a thing.

"Um... The guy who turned me" He said looking unsure, like he didn't know whether he was alowed to tell or not. I didn't know who this Axel guy was but if he was a vampire it would be better for me and Cloud if we did know.

"Can you take me to him?"

"Who? Axel? Well... Uh... Sure, it... Shouldn't be a problem" 

"Good" I stood up from the crouch I'd been in before he could change his mind

"Now?"

"No time like the present" I said irritated that I'd had to repeat that twice in one day.

"Um.. ok.." He hesitated before jumping off the building and running off. I followed him and he led me to a small... ah... House? It was very small. How could one person, let alone two fit in here? Maybe it was just me, I'd been living in large houses for my entire existance as both a vampire and a human. I tried not to turn my nose up as we entered the house.

Demyx suddenly stopped causing me to crash into his back, "What?!" I hissed as I rubbed my nose.

"He's in a bad mood" Demyx muttered trying to keep his voice low

"How do you know?" I asked, I could smell him upstairs, a mix of fire and some sort of spice. Demyx simply gestured to the kitchenette that was on the right hand side.

There was an asortment of blood bags spread across the floor, rangeing from O negative to AB positive. I rarely drank from blood bags, they were disgusting. I didn't like killing people, but it was in my blood and I'd grown so used to it, it hardly bothered me anymore. Demyx made his way to the left into a dinky living room and sat on the small two seater sofa, pulling his feet up underneath him. "Um... Sit down... If you like..." He trailed off realising that he took up most of the sofa and the only other avaliable seating was a rather squishy looking arm chair.

"I'd rather stand" I replied. He nodded then turned in the direction of the stairs "Axel!" He called. There was no response just silence. "Um... We have a visitor" Demyx tried again. Eventually an annoyed voice responded. 

"I am so not in the mood Demyx!" Axel shouted back. Demyx's face then turneed as annoyed as the other vampire sounded.

"Get your ass down here and stop being antisocial!" Demyx's voice, Zexion noticed had rised a few pitches, yet it still sounded well.. nice. It didn't crack or turn shrill, it sounded much like the voice of a musician. There was movement upstairs and with a slam of a door footsteps began decending the stairs.  

The man that I assumed was Axel, had spikey red hair that stood up in odd angles with two upside down tear drops under his startling eyes, they looked almost catlike. His gaze fell on me "Brought me a snack Demyx?" He asked not taking his eyes off me. Before Demyx had a chance to respond I let out a loud animalistic hiss. 

Who was he calling snack?! I was far older than he was! How dare he! Obnoxious little vampire! "You insolent little-" I started

"Who are you to call anyone little?" He sniggered. With a flash I had him lifted against the wall by his throat, taking pleasure in the now shocked expression on his face. He struggled against my grip, but he didn't stand a chance in winning.

"You should learn some respect! Little Boy!" I snarled.

"Zexion!" Demyx cried pulling me out of my instinct induced state causing me to drop Axel immediately. He stood and slunk past me back towards the stairs.

"Next time a little warning you're bringing random vampires off the street please Demyx" He said nonchalantly,   like what just happened was nothing unusual. 

"you'd better not cause trouble in this town or I will personally drive a stake through your heart" I threatened. Axel shrugged his shoulders once

"Yeah whatever" He said reaching the top of the stairs and leaving my view.  I turned back to Demyx.

"I had better go, my brother's expecting me" I informed him. He nodded.

"Ok... Hey Zexion? Would it be ok if I went to school? I've been worried about going back you know in case I..." He trailed off. I nodded in understanding.

"Well I don't see why you'd want to go to school... but I guess it couldn't hurt, after all I'd be there to keep you straight if you.. ah... slipped up" I told him and his face visibly brightened, looking like a puppy who'd just been told he was going for a walk.

"Really?" Demyx smiled. I nodded and turned to leave "See ya" 

"Goodbye" I said opening the door and in a flash I was gone. 

*********************

That was impossibly hard. I don't normally write from Zexion's P.O.V but I managed a whole chapter. This was really more of a filler chapter more on Roxas and Axel in the next one. And maybe even Ventus and his mysterious past. 

And can I just say Cloaked Schemer your tips on how to be a good Zexion were..... Disturbing! 

Vote comment etc

Dance water dance 

~ Sam xoxo