Chapter 5

*Demyx's P.O.V*

Watching the mall, watching the mall.... I could make a song out of this. Im watching the mall, watching the mall, everybody knows it cos im watching the mall!

Ok that sucked. I'm making songs up of me sat on top of a roof just watching the mall. Why am I watching the mall again? Oh yeah cos I'm bored and there was some really nice girls that went in there. Not cos they were really pretty... I mean sure they were pretty but they smelled really nice. I wasn't going to eat them or anything, I just like the kind of smell the mall carries. It's all happy and joyful and smells of lots of different things. Oh look it's those girls again! I watched them intently.

"What are you a stalker now?" A boring drawl said behind me, I spun so fast I nearly fell off the roof and knocked myself out with my own hand.

"No!" I snapped. Geez I sounded so... undemyxy.

"Then why are you following them"

"I'm not following them! I'm watching the mall"

"How dull"

"It smells nice" I said simply "What do you want anyway?"

"Have to make sure you don't try and kill anyone" He replied.

"I'm not going to kill anyone I don't like hurting people. I hate being a vampire" I looked down. I wanted to cry, this guy always makes me feel bad about myself.

His expression seemed to soften slightly, just slightly. "What's your name?" He demanded. I wasn't happy about telling a stranger my name but... couldn't hurt right?

"I'm Demyx. What's your name?"

"Zexion" He replied. "You don't know how to feed do you?" I shook my head.

"Axel tried to teach me but I haven't picked it up yet"

"Who's Axel?"

"The vampire that accidentally turned me cos I'm really clumsy and walked in front of a car"

"Right.... How old is he?"

"Eighteen"

"In vampire years"

"Thirty five"

"So he isn't that new then. Good." He seemed to gaze of slightly in his own world.

I waited patiently for him to say something else, but I was not prepared for what he said next.

"I can teach you"

"What?" I asked dumbly

"I'm going to teach you how to feed properly" It didn't sound like I was being given a choice so I said the only thing I could think of.

"Ok" I nodded slowly,

"Right. Lets go then"

"What? Now?"

"Yes. No time like the present" He said sending a slight smirk at me before flashing off. I quickly scrambled after him, boy he was fast!

He stopped us at the same alley we'd been at yesterday when I'd lost control, I shuddered at the memory, I didn't want that to happen again. 

There was another person down there, I could smell them. Wow... Blood smells so good! "Go on." He told me. I looked at him confused

"What?"

"Go and feed from her"

"But what if I lose control?" I asked, not being able to hide how scared that made me feel. His expression changed to something like... Sympathy? 

"Don't worry ok? I'll be right here to help you" Zexion said softly in a comforting tone, giving me a small smile. It was only small but it was the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I gulped but nodded and stepped into the alley anyway. 

I flashed down it until the girl was pined against the wall, just like yesterday, only this time I was really aware of Zexion stood just behind me watching my every move. She screamed and struggled immediately  "Compel her" He ordered. I nodded and looked her in the eye, my compulsion wasn't very strong but I could at least stop her struggling. 

"It's ok, don't be scared and don't struggle please" I soothed her. Her struggling stopped and she just looked up at me with wide eyes. I didn't hesitate to sink my fangs into the soft spot on her neck warm blood filling my mouth.

*Roxas' P.O.V*

 He let go of me and the fear returned immediately, all I could think to do was run. Run as fast as I could, which wasn't all that fast. I wasn't far from home. Just a bit further Roxas. I urged myself on. It didn't register with me that if Axel had wanted to catch me he would have. 

I could see the cabin now, Come on Roxas! I reached the door and threw it open with more force than I had ever used before. "Rox?" Ventus said from somewhere inside, he was always home before me. I didn't answer him and I just ran up to my room, slamming the door shut on the way. 

Within seconds Ven was at my door knocking "Rox what's wrong?" He asked.

"N-nothing! I'm fine! Just in a mood!" I called to him, hoping he would just leave. I didn't hear any movement behind the door.

"Ok..." He eventually replied. I still didn't hear anything, which meant he hadn't moved. So I moved across the room to the bathroom door and went in. Our bathroom had two doors, one that led to my bedroom and one that led to what used to be my mom's room, now turned Ventus'. It had a small bath with a shower on top, a small toilet and a small sink.

I turned the shower on and locked both doors. I pulled all my clothes off and threw them into the washing basket. I felt dirty, that guy... Axel, had said he wanted to have sex with me. He could've.... I shuddered at the thought of what he could have done. It made me feel violated and wrong. 

I got in the shower and scrubbed my skin until it was red raw, then I sank to the floor and sat under the pouring water, just letting all my emotions flood over me. Soon tears were flowing thickly down my face. At least it was a hot physco. A voice in my head reasoned. I quickly shook these thoughts off. It wasn't normal to be attracted to someone who wanted to kill you.

*Ventus' P.O.V*

Roxas had turned the shower on. Dammit now I couldn't hear him. Something had happened. I could smell something on him... A vampire. Did he know? Roxas couldn't know about vampires. If he did there was no way I could protect him properly. He has no idea of the powers his blood possesses. Doppelganger blood.

 Doppelganger blood had ruined my life over eight hundred years ago. Now I had to stop him going through the same pain I went through. Losing my brother, Cloud in the fire... Being forced to become a vampire. And what would he say if he found out that I wasn't really his brother but his great great great great great great add a couple more greats granddad? Even worse what would he say when he found out that I was one of them? A vampire.

******************

Finally another chapter, had this in the archived for a while.

Vote comment etc.

With any luck I'll be back to updating regularly.

Dance water dance

~ Sam xoxo