Chapter 3

Zexion headed straight home to his big old house on the hill overlooking the town. It took him all of thirty seconds to get there. The perks of being a vampire.

He was in a fowl mood. The words "Pissed off" Didn't really cut it. Damn new born. He didn't know why he was getting so worked up. Maybe it was the fact that the newborn had been so defiant, or maybe it was because he was so young and innocent. That's what he seemed like anyway.

He walked into the house and flopped on one of the sofas in the living room. Cloud looked up from the book he'd been reading. He had his feet up on the antique coffee table.... Again. "Feet off the table, it's antique" Zexion said

"It's my table" Cloud countered. Zexion rolled his eyes "So what's up with you?"

"We may have a slight problem"

"What's happened?"

"There's a new born in town" Zexion said. Cloud immediately became more alert, sitting up straighter and letting his feet fall off the table.

"How new?"

"Very new. Five weeks"

"Jesus Christ"

"Yeah. I caught him feeding down an alley very messily. He didn't use compulsion or anything" Zexion explained. Cloud was quiet for a minute.

"Do we know who turned him?"

"No. We didn't have a particularly long conversation"

"Then we need to find out. If you caught him feeding chances are he won't be hungry again until tomorrow so that gives us time to find him and see how much of a threat he'll be to us" Cloud said. His voice held a note that said he wasn't just making a suggestion this was how it was going to happen, period. Zexion nodded.

"I can handle it"

"Alright. I'm hungry i'll be back in the morning" Cloud replied.

"Ok. Bring me back a person" Zexion smirked

"No way get your own person"

"Can't be bothered"

"That's your own problem then isn't it?" And with a flash Cloud was gone for his hunt. Zexion wasn't too bothered, he knew Cloud would bring him some food anyway. 

*Roxas' P.O.V* 

"Roxas!" Sora yelled jumping on my bed and consequently knocking all of my work off it. I sighed.

"Hey Sora" I replied diving under my bed to retrieve my fallen work. The bed creaked and shook as Sora stood and began bouncing up and down.

"Bounce with me Roxas!" Sora yelled. Jeez, I love my cousin and all but seriously? I could not keep up with his hyper activity, but then who could? I ignored his request and stood back up with my work.

"You here alone?"

"No. Vani is downstairs with Ven" He told me, if he kept up that bouncing my bed would break. Vanitas was one of my older cousins. He was the typical rebel. He smoked, he was on drugs and the last time he followed any rule he was like eight or something. He drove Leon round the twist.

Leon was the eldest of them and Sora was the youngest. Their parents died a few years back so Leon was left to look after them himself. He was nineteen. Vanitas was seventeen and Sora was almost Sixteen, just a year older than me and my twin brother Ventus.

Ventus seemed to get on with Vanitas a whole lot better than the rest of us, excluding Sora, but hey, Sora gets on with everyone. Ventus and I look exactly the same, it was kinda creepy. We're the same height, build even weight. But we're not the same. Not by a long shot. Ventus was really sporty and strong.

I can't even lift a big bucket of water. Well that's not strictly true, I can lift a bucket of water, with both hands and great difficulty. I'm not athletic. I can't run or throw. I can't even catch. If anyone threw a ball at me I'd run a mile. I love writing. I've been keeping a diary ever since I started kinder garden. That always seems to make people think I'm really smart or something. I'm not. I'm an average kid with average grades. 

Ventus and I don't have any parents either. Our dad died when I was only small so I don't remember him much. My Mom died just two years ago. That was when I met Ventus. He told me about how Mom and Dad couldn't afford to keep us both so they had to give one of us up. But Ven wasn't mad about it, he totally understood where my Mom was coming from by not telling me about it.

We'd always struggled with munny, me and my mom. I had lived in so many shit holes it's hard to remember just one. When my Mom heard her sister had gotten married to a guy with three kids she couldn't wait to up and move closer to them, wanting me to get to know my new cousins properly. So I wasn't actually related to Leon, Vanitas and Sora. Big deal. We're all really close anyway.

It had taken us a while to save up but eventually when I turned eleven we moved her to our little house in the woods. My mom was so proud of it. Our own house, granted it was small, but it was all ours. It was only two floors, with two bedrooms and a bathroom on the top, a cosy living room and kitchenette on the bottom. It was your typical kind of log cabin. There's an open fire and the electricity doesn't always work, but hey, it's home. I could remember my Mom telling me how this was "Our big chance!" and how "Things are only going to get better from here Rox!"

My uncle and aunt died not long after we moved here, when Leon was sixteen. I was twelve when my Mom died and Ventus showed up. I was pleased and sad at the same time. I'd gained a brother but lost a parent. At least I wasn't all alone. "Helloooooooo earth to Roxas!" Sora's cheerful voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh what?" I answered stupidly.

"Ventus said dinners ready"

"By dinner does he mean curry left over from last night stuck in the microwave?"

"Um yep!" Sora grinned. I couldn't help giving him a grin back. We hardly ever cooked, but when we did we always made too much and ended up with a lot left over. As yesterday was Sunday we had made a curry, Me and Ventus. We always cooked on a Sunday and Sora usually came to scrounge the leftovers on a Monday.

We headed downstairs to where we saw Vanitas already sat on our springy old two seater couch with his curry and Ventus on my Mom's old armchair with his. "In the kitchen" He said before going back to his food. The fire was blazing and the old T.v was flickering in the back ground. Sora and I raced into the kitchen and fought over which plate looked like it had the most on, then headed back into the living room.

I took a seat on the old piano stool next to my Mom's old grand piano. That piano was her pride and joy. The one thing she refused to sell, no matter how hard things got. When she was alive we would sit there on a nigh time and she'd play and sing to me. It never failed to send me to sleep.

Sora flopped down next to Vanitas. None of us spoke, we just watched T.v and ate. Once everyone was finished Ventus dumped all the plates on my knee "There you go. Your turn to wash up" He said with a smirk. I groaned and got to my feet. After I'd done the dishes, Sora and Vanitas gave their goodbyes then went home. I said good night to Ventus and went to bed. I fell asleep with a full stomach and a peacful mind. Life was good.

***

Yay another chapter! I set my self a challenge with this fic. Every chapter will be at least 1000 words. This one's a fair bit more tho

Vote comment etc

Dance Water Dance

~ Sam xoxo