Chapter One

I stare into my reflection, taking everything in. Today is a special day for I, Kang Saemi, am going to be a kpop idol.

I dry my face with the hand towels, staring into the mirror once more. I need to calm down.
I see people wet their face in movies and that helps them. But it doesn't help me..

A sigh escapes my lips as I turn towards the bathroom stalls, leaning against the sink.

"Aki we are going to be late to our own celebration if you don't hurry up"

I cross my arms giggling as I hear Aki whine from behind one of the stalls. I look at my Phone, checking the time as Aki finishes her business and rushes out quickly washing her hands.

"I can't miss the upload ceremony!"

I shake my head, following Aki as she hurries out of the bathroom.

"Aren't you excited Saemi? We are finally debuting! We have been stuck as trainees for years and now we are getting what we have worked so hard for!"

A smile rests on my red tinted lips as we make our way down the all too familiar hallway.

"Of course, all 5 of us have trained hard for this moment. I am just hoping that my father will actually accept my career choice now.. Maybe we will make it big in the kpop world..."

Aki quickly grabs my hand, a grin gracing her face.

"Maybe? We will make it big! I can tell~"

We walk into the meeting room, which is decorated for the occasion. Gold and Silver balloons line the ceiling, tassels of the same colour hang from above. The long table is covered in confetti, drinks and snacks are placed on the surface. The laptop screen is presented on the board
showing our music video that is ready to be uploaded.

I move towards the table, sitting to Aki and our leader. I watch as our manager stands, holding his drink.

"You five girls have put so much time and effort into this career. In your worst times you have always risen, together. In these seven years I wish you fruitful and enjoyable career. I raise my glass to five talented girls. To five hard working individuals. To five idols. I raise my glass, to ISRY!"

We all raise our own glasses, aiming them together.

"To ISRY!"

We all take a sip from our glasses,
relishing in this important moment.

"Yoona, as the leader of ISRY, would you like to say a few words? Before you are fully brought into the kpop world?"

I look to the girl next to me, as
she gets up from her seat.

"As leader of ISRY.. I take great responsibility in caring for this group. I will always put a hundred percent into my position. Even though this is my first time leading.. I will always try my best, whether I am caring for my group or fighting for them. ISRY is my second family.. And I don't know where I would be without you guys. Now let's live our dream! And be the best kpop idols we can be! To ISRY!"

I giggle at her speech and we all raise our glasses once more.

"ISRY!"

I watch Yoona as she sits back down looking around the table. Our manager sits down, clicking on the upload button. Now, we wait. While we wait we
tall about our plans.

"Sir? Do we have anything to do today?"

We look towards our group manager, waiting for his reply.

"A couple of hours after the premier of 'Stars Align' you have a performance on KBS, they are getting everything ready as we
speak"