l. the celestial

chapter fifty
the celestial

( BEFORE YOU READ )

this chapter has some gore. i am warning you before you read, because i realized that this book isn't marked as mature because most chapters don't contain gore like this one, (and future chapters to come which will likely be waayyyy worse than this one) 

but i wanted to let you know in case some of you guys aren't big fans of gore. for anyone who's already read the extended version, you might already have an idea of what's coming (descriptive-wise, because of the emilia/trophy thing...) 

okok last warning because i don't want anyone to report this book  😭😭 but honestly, it's really not that bad. it's like 2 or 3 paragraphs. 

  The nightmares won't end.

They torment her mind like an incurable, fucked up disease. The next nightmare was worse than the prior, but the elements remained the same. Faceless bodies with broken bones and mangled limbs lay lifeless on an old house's wooden floor. She can practically feel the crisp air between the trees of the woods that surround the house, and hence all of Hawkins. The breeze made her shudder, and her skin was stained with dark red blood.

Rue jolts awake, gasping for air as if her breath had been taken. A chilly sweat covers her body, and she struggles to see where she is in the darkness. The nightmare fades away like any other dream, and she tries to grasp part of it, to remember it, so she won't be as clueless as she was yesterday, but it all fades away like a shadow, creeping behind the depths of other memories.