Prompts • Minishaw

Most of these prompts I hope to write soon! It's summer holidays so I have the free time to potentially write them all and work on other projects so yay.

(Not all are big enough ideas in the sense I'd want to write them, as some are just silly little tidbits, so let me know if you have favourites that you'd prefer I write first.)

-

1 • (One-sided Minishaw):

WW1 AU.

Underage Harry (14-15 because it's already sad, i dont need it to be sadder by making him even younger), barely of age Vik and Ethan (16/17). Of age Simon, JJ, Tobi and Josh (I'd say anywhere from 18-21).

Harry lies about his age on his application in order to get sent to war. Some of the others have been at war for a couple years now and know what it's like. Harry starts out a mix of nervous and excited but soon regrets his decision to lie.

Simon is, at first, disgruntled and irritated when given the task of looking out for newbie Harry. He's dead weight to the older man, really. However, the younger boy eventually grows on him. He's taken well to his mentor role, and has come to care for the boy as a brother. Simon grew up with only older brothers, so it's refreshing to be the older equivalence of a sibling for once. One thing he can't handle, is the panic Harry continuously causes him by not being careful enough. Simon may just die from a Harry-induced heart attack rather than a bullet if Harry doesn't start paying attention.

Harry, on the other hand, is way out of his depth. On more than one occasion has he cried himself to sleep wishing for his mother, wanting to be at home with his family rather than out at war. Screw being noble, war isn't what he thought it would be. What they had promised it would be.

At first, his mind clouded with nervous excitement and pre-battle anticipation, Harry had easily brushed Simon's attitude and comments off. But it soon gets to him. It upsets him, eventually, how short Simon is with him and how disinterested the older boy is in him.

Despite that, these odd feelings continue to develop within him. He still feels giddy at the prospect of settling down at night beside Simon, of being beside the other as they go over the top. His stomach continues to flutter whenever the other boy pays attention to him. Everything only grows stronger when Simon begins to act positively towards him.

Considering the time period, it features a lot of internalised homophobia - to the extent that Harry could feel. Which means more so confusion at his feelings than self-hatred. A lot of innocence too.

Could include one, both, or neither of these two things: (they add more angst)

1. Death or severe injury of either Harry or Simon.

2. Simon has a girl waiting for him back home, which just about breaks Harry's heart upon finding out. Perhaps by noticing the picture of a girl within Simon's belongings, or it being mentioned in casual conversation.

_____

2 • Simon and his girlfriend break up. Completely friends at this point, nothing else, Harry and Simon have a drunken rebound fumble. It comes to happen several times, with Harry slowly falling for Simon. Then Talia comes along and Simon puts a stop to the fumbles. Harry doesn't know how to feel anymore, nor what to do with himself.