Discussion • Sidemen

Just a little idea I had (heart, mind, body, soul) that I altered to fit the boys. Let me know your own versions/takes because I'm 100% interested in different interpretations. Feel free to discuss your input.

[I chose heart, mind, body, soul, spirit, liver, and kidneys, but I did briefly entertain the idea of the lungs/muscles/spine too. The spine especially would refer to a 'backbone' of the Sidemen.]

Some of it might be a bit of a stretch, but please keep in mind that there's seven of them, and this was a rough sketch up straight after I had the idea.

[The writing in italics is straight from Google.]

• Heart - Harry
• Mind - Vik
• Body - JJ
• Soul - Josh
• Spirit - Tobi
• Liver - Simon
• Kidneys - Ethan

//

Liver -

▪︎ Representative: Simon

[Your liver processes blood, breaking down the nutrients and chemicals your blood carries. It changes these into forms that are easier for the rest of your body to use, and also regulates the levels of most chemical in your blood.]

I chose Simon as the liver because he often stands back from the group. I mean this in  the sense that Simon is very observant of the others. He's nice, can be manipulative, but won't stand for shit. He will intervene amongst the boys if he feels he needs to, or wants his voice to  be heard. He has a big impact in this sense, but isn't always perceived purely positive by the audience. He isn't always on people's mind, just how not everyone often considers the state of their liver. This moves into the fact that rarely is Simon checked on, but blame/suspicion is easily placed on him by both the other Sidemen and also fans. (This can be both negatively reinforced or a simple joke.)

Simon can withstand a lot, but that doesn't mean he's heartless or unaffected.

I think Simon also represents the liver in the sense that he does care for the other Sidemen, and he does consider them and their feelings, maybe in a less surface level way. (This point in a way come back to Simon being observant.) We may not always see it but he makes efforts to make things easier for the other boys. He also mediates sometimes, as his voice carries a lot of weight, whether the boys will admit it or not. This means he can calm down the boys/a situation or also cause it to escalate simply with his words. From there he can observe the chaos, which in the worst case could be compared to liver failure.

-

Kidneys -

▪︎ Representative: Ethan

[The kidneys are a very important organ in the body. They are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist, located just below the rib cage, one on each side of your spine. The kidneys are responsible for getting rid of waste products, drugs, and toxins through our urine.

Your kidneys remove wastes and extra fluid from your body. Your kidneys also remove acid that is produced by the cells of your body and maintain a healthy balance of water, salts, and minerals—such as sodium, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium—in your blood.]

Ethan can be very vocal in his opinion, as well as his likes and dislikes. Ethan has little to no filter when it comes to voicing absolutely anything, positive or negative. This could be interpreted as his presence being as much as two people, sometimes. Ethan's emotions can often be magnified. He can command/take up a room easily in that sense, and it can be quite noticeable when he isn't there or not fully contributing.

Similar to Simon, Ethan won't stand for toxicity. If Ethan doesn't like someone or thinks they're not good for his environment and the people around him, he will make them leave.