24. Hunting

Sorry its been a while since I've been here but I'm back! So sorry! I didn't mean too be gone I litteraly just forgot,
Enjoy lovely's
(Still sorry)

You've mostly gotten used to Wilbur actually paying attention to you. Mostly. It doesn't bother you persay it's just unusual.
Same with everyone else. Techno doesn't leave the room when you enter and actually asks about different things.

Its so odd to see Funnel so tall. I mean she'll always be your little fox cub but it's still off and needs some getting used to.
Whenever you passed her you made sure to pet her head, which made her very flustered, just to show you still thought of her as your favourite neice.

She's still cute nomatter what she looks like.

Tubbo was inside showing off his inventions in the living room. When I asked Follish said
'' leave it be, he withstood more than 3 comments from that man. He deserves this.''
Then walked away.

What does that EVEN MEAN!? I was so confused. Then I realise he was trying to blow them up. I stopped him.

''Y/n!? Come on!''

''No! Your not blowing up the living room.'' You scolded him, he huffed in annoyance.

''Why would you have explosives in your house? That's not very safe-''

''And leaving your child abandoned in a house is?'' Tubbo snapped back. You handed Tubbo back the bombs without a word and left.

You walked outside. The morning air was nice for a change. You didn't want to see the crows, you knew they left with Phil. Who's to say they won't leave again when Phil leaves too?

Sitting down in the step of the porch you noticed a figure approaching the house. You jumped up, after realising who it was and waved. He waved back and your smiled grew wider.

You ran inside, passing everybody in the living room and upstairs to your room. Which is where you kept your bow.
You heard the knock at the door and practically jumped down the steps. Nobody seemed to make a move to open the door. So you did.

Swinging it wide open it revealed Mr Joy. The new and improved Father figure.

''Ready?'' He asked stiffly. You nodded checking your bow and looking back for your quiver.

''Chest room R/n.'' Foolish called from beside Tubbo who was still trying to get those bombs to work.

''.. right.. '' You said to yourself. Fastwalking towards the chest room and gathering your arrows.
Once you had everything you walked back out to see Phil and Felix having a very heated conversation.. well Felix wasn't saying much.

''Would you mind telling me what's  going on?''

''Actually I do mind yeah. R/n you ready?'' Phil flinched at the use of your nickname and you simply nodded walking over to him.

''I'm ready.''

''Hold on, where are you going?'' Phil asked again. His face looked like what you'd expect your parent to look like when their angry. Didn't really effect you much.

''Phil.'' Two voices called out. But it wasn't Tubbo or Foolish. It was Wilbur and Techno.

When Phil looked back they shook their heads. Felix was already leading you out the door hand on your shoulder.

Once the door had closed he turned to you.
''Everything okay? If you thinks it's too much you Tubbo and Foolish could stay with us.'' He offered.

''No, it's fine but I'll let you know if something happens.'' You smiled shyly.

You noticed his smile too.
''My wife would be so proud if she were here.'' He claimed and you weren't entirely sure what he ment then realised Mrs Joy has been trying to get you to reach out for help more often. And it made sence in your head.

''What are we doing today?'' You asked smiling all the same.

''Hunting, you know, what we've been doing since you started.'' He claimed factually. You huffed running to catch up with him amd his long strides down the path.

He slowed down amd started walking again once you caught up.

《◇》

''That man.. he scares me.'' Tommy shivered.

''He scares everybody.'' Wilbur claimed

''Not us.'' Tubbo and Foolish said at the exact same time.

''HOW!?'' Tommy yelled

''Well we know him, well Y/n knows him best really.'' Foolish claimed a small smile on his face.

''And how well do you know him.'' Phil asked sitting down on the couch as if he's about to interrogate the two boys.

''That's none of your business.'' Tubbo claimed eyeing Phil carefully.

''I'm just curious.. you never really know someone.'' Wilbur scoffed.

''Your one to talk.'' Foolish said having enough of this already.

''L-listen, I'm sorry I really am but-'' Phil started and Foolish k rw he was about to make and excuse so he cut him off.

''You left, sure, that's old news Phil. But Then! when you came back not even a 'hi' or 'how are you?'. Really? I don't even wanna know what was going through your mind when you came back and frankly I don't really care. All I know is, you left. Didn't care to come back. And When you did, you didnt even bother to ask if Y/n was okay. You haven't even apologised for leaving TO THEM! Isnt That the least you could do? Instead your making it more awkward for litteraly everyone else here!'' Foolish snapped.
''Tubbo flip over the carpet before you press that button.'' He added with a smile on his face which was clearly forced.

He then got up and left dragging Funnel Tommy out of the room.

Tubbo placed a redstone torch next to his 'bomb and quickly followed them out.

《♡》

⚠️

In the distance you heard a faint bang which scared away the dear you were attempting to sneak up behind. It broke into a sprint but before it could break through the bush's you let the string of the bow lose sending the arrow flying forward. The deer collapsed to the ground twitching for a bit before going limp.

Warning over

Mr Joy stood up straight from behind me. He walked over to the deer taking a good look at it before throwing it over his shoulders.

''Good job kid. I'm proud.''

It was always such a rush going hunting with Mr Joy. You'd go every day if he asked you too. But now it was only once a week since he did have a job but you didn't mind. The fact that he was even taking a day off just to teach you was something you'd never take for granted.

''I'll get my wife to skin it for you, then you can bring the meat back to Tubbo and Foolish.'' You nodded still smiling as you followed him out of the forest.