Chapter 2 | The hiding rabbit in the realm of wolves

Days later ...

Wei Ying was constantly on the move. When he stopped to rest, he didn't stay there for more than 1-2 hours. He did not want to stay in one place, for fear that his smell might lure the alphas wandering nearby to himself. On top of that, he had to find food, because ever since he ran away from home, he hadn't been able to eat anything. Not to mention water. Because of this, he quickly became weak. As he walked, a sound struck his ear, which made him very happy. He followed the sound until he finally caught sight of a small waterfall. He sighed in delight and went to the lake. He could freshen up his face a little, it was a great relief for him.

Still, Wei Ying could not enjoy the wonderful calm and beauty of the waterfall for long

Still, Wei Ying could not enjoy the wonderful calm and beauty of the waterfall for long. He heard 2-3 men walking near him as they talked loudly to each other. Wei Ying immediately looked for a hiding place, which, due to a short time, became a small cave behind the waterfall. He watched from behind the safety of the water curtain as men walked past the small pond.

The 3 men were chatting happily until suddenly one of them stopped.

"Wait..." said Xue Yang as he stopped and then began to sniff.

The other two men also stopped. They watched in bewilderment as the alpha stood still, looking left and right as if he was searching or sensing something.

"What? .... Maybe you noticed a butterfly or something and got scared?" joked Jin Guangyao.

"Hey." said Wen Ning to his friend. - "Don't consider butterflies so innocent. You know what they mean in most places."

"Huh. Stop being such a coward, you idiot. It's really just a legend, besides - ..." said Jin Guangyao, then suddenly Xue Yang spoke.

"Guys, I feel something."

"What? Fear? Because I think that's your scent." continued Jin Guangyao jokingly.

"No." - said Xue Yang back immediately. - "No, I smell an ... an omega."

Hearing this, Wei Ying immediately despaired. His heart suddenly quickened. He realized that the one who had smelled him must be an alpha. Wei Ying immediately retreated further into the cave, even covering his mouth so as not to make any sound.

 Wei Ying immediately retreated further into the cave, even covering his mouth so as not to make any sound