Chapter 10 | A stormy evening

Meanwhile ...

Xue Yang slowed down after noticing his friend at at their arranged meeting place in the woods. Jin Guangyao was already standing impatiently waiting for him.

The beta expected his friend to be away for up to an hour before he manages to catch and bring the omega from the house of one of the strongest alphas. But then he was surprised by the fact that in less than half an hour he would again hear the footsteps of a familiar figure directed towards him.

Still, he got up from the ground, bored.

"Finally. I almost thought you'd never ...- " said Jin Guangyao, but as soon as he turned and saw his friend's appearance, he fell silent. He was surprised that Xue Yang had returned not only alone, but also slightly bloodied.

"Wait, ... what the hell happened to you? And where is the omega?" asked the beta incomprehensibly.

"What do you think, huh? .. He stayed there." said Xue Yang back mockingly as he walked past the beta. Jin Guangyao turned around and followed the alpha.

As Xue Yang and Jin Guangyao started to blame each other, neither of them noticed that just a little further away from them, an alpha and beta male were also walking

As Xue Yang and Jin Guangyao started to blame each other, neither of them noticed that just a little further away from them, an alpha and beta male were also walking. They took notice of Xue Yang's words. They both hid and began to overhear Xue Yang and Jin Guangyao's conversation.

"But how did you fail to catch him?" asked Jin Guangyao, and the alpha suddenly stopped and turned to him.

"Because we were spotted by that pathetic old man, that's why." - Xue Yang angrily, almost shouted at the beta. - "I had the omega in my hands, but then the old man stepped out the door and caught me."

"And you gave up? You didn't even fight?"

"I didn't expect the old man to be so strong. I thought what they said about him was just a cheap rumor."

"But ... you gave up so easily?" the beta asked disappointedly, but it only made his friend angry. - "Do you have any idea how ... -"

"What are you talking about? I didn't give up, you idiot. .. We will go back for the omega, but this time, not alone. We'll definitely take him to the Wen pack and hand him over, straight into Wen Xu's clutches. ... But first, old Nie Mingjue will pay for getting in my way."

At the mention of Nie Mingjue's name, Lan Zhan stopped listening, just waved to his friend and stormed out of the trees.

"He thinks he has won. Well, he's wrong. ..." said Xue Yang smugly.

Xue Yang and Jin Guangyao were about to move on, but were suddenly attacked from behind. While Song Lan grabbed Jin Guangyao and pressed him against the tree, Lan Zhan pushed Xue Yang to the ground like an angry bull.

Leaving Xue Yang no time to defend himself, Lan Zhan punched him repeatedly. Finally, he only stopped when his friend shouted at him.

"Lan Zhan! ...Lan Zhan, that's enough! He's got enough already!" shouted Song Lan at his enraged friend.