Chapter 11 | Legends and news

When Wei Ying woke up, he was in for a pleasant surprise. He felt as if the last two days were just a nightmare he'd finally woken up from.

Smelling the soothing scent of sandalwood and cloves, Wei Ying immediately opened his eyes. He looked at the still sound asleep alpha's face with sparkling, almost tearful eyes. He sat up on the bed, cuddled up to Lan Zhan, then hugged him tightly. Wei Ying rested his head on the alpha's chest.

At first, Lan Zhan thought someone had put a warm blanket over his chest. But then he heard the tiny, low purring sound. He opened his eyes with a smile on his face, then embraced his blanket.

"Are you awake?" asked Wei Ying, after feeling the alpha's strong hands wrap around his waist.

Lan Zhan didn't answer, just pulled the omega closer. With the fragrance blocker's effect gone, Lan Zhan was happy to smell the fresh, sweet orange scent of the omega again.

"Lan Zhan ... I'm so glad you're finally back home." - said Wei Ying, then he broke the hug. - "But now please tell me where you've really been for so long? Your father told me you were gone, but you didn't tell me anything about it. I thought you were gone for only a few hours. ... But the hours turned into days, Lan Zhan."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. .. Please don't be mad at me." pleaded Lan Zhan, fearing that he might lose the omega's love.

A long time ago, because of his absence for days, Lan Zhan almost lost the love of an omega that was important to him; his mother's. Lan Zhan did not want this event to happen again, but this time with Wei Ying. He didn't want to feel any form of loss of an omega again.

"I'm not mad at you, I was just really worried about you. .. But now, be honest with me." said the omega calmly as he looked into the alpha's broken eyes.

"Where have you been for so long?" asked Wei Ying again.

"I wandered a bit beyond the small town. I was trying to find out the whereabouts of your parents or what exactly might have happened to them, but no one could help me with that. ..  Many people either didn't know the answer or were afraid to say anything about it. Then when I was on my way back home, I met not only Song Lan; my best friend, but also some members of the Jiang Pack. And, well, ... so me and Song Lan had a little disagreement with them."

Lan Zhan confessed, though he found it difficult to conceal what had happened between him and the pack members.

"By the way, Song Lan is here in the house right now." added Lan Zhan to distract the omega's thoughts a bit. But he was unsuccessful.

"But you, or he weren't hurt, were you?" asked Wei Ying worriedly.

The next moment, Wei Ying reached for Lan Zhan's top to check on his condition. But the Lan Zhan immediately caught the omega's wrist and stopped him. Wei Ying looked at him in surprise.

"No!" said Lan Zhan in a slightly commanding tone, which he quickly regretted.

"No need for that, .. I'm not hurt." Lan Zhan lied, then he slowly let go of the omega's hand. But because of that, Wei Ying only pulled away from Lan Zhan again.

"Okay, ... I'm sorry. I was just worried that you were hurt." said Wei Ying subdued, and avoiding eye contact with the alpha, he looked down.

"But I was worried about you too. And then when I heard what happened to you last night, I ... -" - said Lan Zhan, as he clenched his fist. - "I can't believe that that alpha could come here and ..."

"Lan Zhan, .. please don't talk about this anymore." said Wei Ying as he put his hand on the alpha's fist.

" ... Okay. .." replied Lan Zhan calmly as he felt the omega's soft touch again. He opened his fist and took Wei Ying's hand.