Chapter 17 | Know the truth

Xie Lian was in the kitchen making another cup of tea, while Wen Ning was busy preparing breakfast. They tried not to be too loud when they put the plates, cutlery, and glasses on the table. They were talking to each other slightly softly. While the two of them were busy in the kitchen, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying were resting in separate rooms.

Mingjue and Song Lan were the only ones who weren't in the house but were on their way during that time

Mingjue and Song Lan were the only ones who weren't in the house but were on their way during that time. They only went back for Hua Cheng after Xie Lian had finished treating Lan Zhan's injuries.

For Wei Ying, time passed agonizingly slowly as he waited for his brother. But despite the exhaustion, he struggled to stay awake. Thus, Xie Lian was finally able to force him to rest only with a strong sleeping tea. But even Xie Lian didn't expect that after he left the room, Wei Ying went over to another room, where Lan Zhan was resting.

When Lan Zhan wakened, he was surprised to see the sleeping omega. Wei Ying was sleeping soundly with his head on the bed. He could see the tiredness on omega's face and wanted him to rest comfortably. Lan Zhan got out of bed with a slight ache and laid Wei Ying on the bed. He had barely covered the omega with the blanket when he heard the door open fully. Hua Cheng stood in the doorway and looked at Lan Zhan, and then at his brother lying in bed.

"Hm. I suspected I would find him here after I went into the other room, but I saw it was empty." said Hua Cheng, a little disappointed in his voice.

The alpha still didn't like the bond between Lan Zhan and Wei Ying very much. But still, at that moment, his face showed not anger, but anxiety. He saw how caring Lan Zhan had treated Wei Ying, which he acknowledged and appreciated, but then, looking at his brother's face, he felt less fear. Wei Ying's face was still slightly pale, and his eyes were still slightly red from crying. All of this reminded Hua Cheng of the time he had brought Wei Ying home injured from the accident and he lay unconscious on the bed while he and their parents waited for the healer to arrive.

Hua Cheng walked to the bed with quiet footsteps. He put his hand on Wei Ying's forehead for a few moments, then looked at Lan Zhan standing next to him.

"How long has he been here?" the alpha inquired.

"Maybe only a few minutes ago. Because when I woke up, he was already lying here." said Lan Zhan, also quietly, as he didn't want to wake the omega either.

"Xie Lian said that the herbal tea he made for him would help Wei Ying's condition. But I'm worried that Wen Xu's disgusting scent is still affecting him." said the alpha uneasily.

"Okay, .. speaking of that monster, come with me a little ..." said Lan Zhan as he grabbed the other alpha's upper arm and dragged him away from near the bed.

Hua Cheng didn't object, which surprised Lan Zhan a little, but at that moment he hadn't really cared about it.

"Okay, now tell me, when did you arrive? How long have you been here? And why did you stay there with Wen Xu? Why didn't you kill him right away?" asked Lan Zhan.