Chapter 18 | After the fall

┌────────── •✧• ────────── { H A L F } F L A S H B A C K: P A R T 1

Wei Ying's fall into the lake happened in an instant for everyone. Yet Hua Cheng reacted quickly and he immediately jumped into the lake to rescue Wei Ying from the water.

But Wen Chao just stood motionless, speechless in front of the situation that had happened to him a few moments ago. Wen Qing grabbed Chao's shoulder and began shaking him after Chao had repeatedly ignored her. The frozen beta was slowly shaken back to reality by Wen Qing's voice. Wen Chao looked at Wen Qing in confusion.

"What happened to you? ...What did you see that scared you? ...What have you done, Wen Chao?" asked Wen Qing desperately. All her questions were getting louder. But Wen Chao didn't answer her. Wen Chao just looked to the side as soon as he heard Hua Cheng's frightened voice.

The alpha hurriedly walked out of the lake and laid his unconscious little brother on the ground. Since Wen Chao didn't answer her, Wen Qing quickly left him and instead rushed to the alpha's aid. Wen Qing kneeled down next to the omega and they immediately began to save Wei Ying's life. After the omega regained consciousness, he coughed up the water. Wen Qing quickly took the ripped piece of clothing from the alpha's hand and bandaged Wei Ying's bleeding forehead and arm with it. After that, Hua Cheng immediately took the stunned, half-unconscious Wei Ying in his arms, lifted him up, and left the area. From then on, the alpha didn't care at all if the two Wen was following him or not. He was only interested in getting home with his younger brother as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Wen Qing began to question Wen Chao again. But instead of answering, Wen Chao just rudely pushed her aside, leaving Wen Qing alone. Wen Chao refused to admit that he hesitated for a moment and that he had not accidentally let go of the omega's hand. Wen Chao expected the omega to just fall into the water, but not that Wei Ying wouldn't emerge from the water, and especially not that Wei Ying might even get hurt.

---------------

When Hua Cheng got home, Wei Ying was unconscious again. Wei Changze immediately ran for a healer. Fortunately for him, Xie Lian was near his house that day.

Meanwhile, Sanren was taking care of Wei Ying, and trying to calm her troubled son as well. Hua Cheng nervously told her all that had happened. Sanren repeatedly told her son that she did not blame him for what had happened to Wei Ying. But no matter how hard Sanren tried, she could see that her words had little effect on Hua Cheng.

The situation did not improve too much with the arrival of the healer and Changze.

While Xie Lian and Sanren were in the room examining Wei Ying's condition, Changze began a rough argument with his alpha son. Hua Cheng had told his father everything in vain, Changze hadn't softened even after the story was over.

Changze blamed only Hua Cheng for the accident. He thought Hua Cheng hadn't taken care of Wei Ying enough. In his eyes, his son failed as a strong and protective alpha.

The argument between the two of them was interrupted by Sanren after Xie Lian had finished examining the omega. The parents had not received good news from Xie Lian. .. And that only ruined the relationship between the two alphas even more.

After Xie Lian left the house, Changze started shouting at his son again. Sanren tried to stand up for her son's innocence, but Changze's opinion did not change. It took Sanren a long time to calm the tense situation between the two alphas. After the argument, Changze stormed out onto the terrace. Sanren went back to Wei Ying's room, but Hua Cheng was only willing to enter there at his mother's repeated requests.