Chapter 15 | The hunting red fox

After a while, Wei Ying fell silent and folded his face into the alpha's neck, trying to stifle his tears. Lan Zhan could have continued to run, but his concern for the omega stopped him. He wanted nothing more than to ease Wei Ying's pain. When Wei Ying felt Lan Zhan stop, he immediately raised his head. Then, as soon as Lan Zhan let go of him, Wei Ying stepped back and turned away from him.

"I'm sorry, ... Wei Ying, I'm sorry I did this, but I - .. Please don't be angry with me." said Lan Zhan as he slowly approached the omega.

"You left him there? .. Did you leave your father alone with those alphas?.. But why? Why did you do that? .. Why didn't you help him?"

"Because I had no choice! .. I did this because you were in danger, and this time, it was the only way I could keep you safe!" said Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying didn't seem to hear this, he just turned away from Lan Zhan again.

"Wei Ying, look at me ... The truth is that I and my dad discussed what we were going to do if the Wen pack or any pack found you. We discussed this on your first day at the house. We just didn't tell you about it." explained Lan Zhan to the restless omega.

"But this can't, ... this can't happen again. ..." the omega mumbled softly and sadly. Wei Ying was afraid that the same thing had happened to Mingjue as it had happened to his father.

Lan Zhan stepped closer to him, but just when he could have touched Wei Ying's shoulder, Lan Zhan heard a step behind him. They both turned around at the same time. Then, a red-clothed alpha stepped out from behind a tree and pointed his gun at them. Lan Zhan instinctively stood in front of the omega to protect him. At that moment, Lan Zhan became angry with himself for not paying enough attention to whether he had stopped in a safe area or not. But Wei Ying's pheromones, which were triggered by his sadness, had too much of an effect on him, which clouded Lan Zhan's thinking.

"As incredible as it is, little omega, .. But that's the truth." - said Wen Zishu. - "The alpha in front of you was right to decide to take you away. Because that way, at least we can more easily catch him and, of course, you."

"You just want it to happen

"You just want it to happen." replied Lan Zhan, showing his sharp teeth to the other alpha. Wen Zishu did not approach them, knowing the threat Lan Zhan posed. Lan Zhan decided to pull out his sword, but then another alpha, Wen Minshan, emerged.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you." - warned Wen Minshan, as he also stopped with a gun in his hand, but he was on one side of Lan Zhan. - "Unless you want omega to be damaged too, I recommend that you put your hands down."

Lan Zhan did not object and slowly lowered his hand. He tried to watch the movements of the two alphas vigilantly, but the new steps and noises disturbed him. From one moment to the next, they were surrounded by even more alphas.

When Lan Zhan's attention was distracted for a few moments by one of the alphas in front of him, Wen Zixun sneaked up behind the unsuspecting Lan Zhan to snatch Wei Ying away from him. But at the last moment, Wei Ying noticed him and clawed Wen Zixun in the face.