Chapter 3 | An alpha who not only followed the light

- ( An alpha who not only followed the light, walking in the forest that night ... but also the sound of the omega. )

-----------

Waking up, Wei Ying heard the sound of fire crackling. He opened his tired eyes and immediately turned his gaze to the dim, orange light. As his vision improved, he saw not only a campfire, but also alphas sitting near it. They were all talking to each other, none of them paying much attention to him.

 They were all talking to each other, none of them paying much attention to him

Wei Ying lowered his head when he felt a slight pain in his arms. As he became more conscious, he realized he was sitting leaning against a tree on the ground with tightly bound wrists. He had become the prisoner of a small band of alphas. Fear quickly overcame him, and Wei Ying whimpered for a moment. At the sound, all the alphas glanced at him at once. The omega then fell silent, and looked at the alphas watching him with a level stare. Although the alphas looked at Wei Ying curiously and surprisedly, in the end, only one of them stood up and walked over to the omega. Wei Ying pulled himself together as much as he could, but the tree prevented him from moving back. He couldn't even stand up or run very far because of his injured leg.

The older member of the team stepped up and crouched down in front of Wei Ying to get a better look at him. But Wei Ying just kept moving away from him until he was stopped by the tree behind him.

"We heard that an alpha recently sniffed out a wandering omega here. We thought we'd come out here for a little evening hunt. And as it turns out, we did the right thing by following our instincts." said the alpha, and he looked deep into the omega's silvery purple eyes.

"Incredible, ... what could a beauty like you be doing in such a dark place? ... Perhaps you felt the need to have an alpha by your side, huh?" said the alpha again, after a moment of silence.

The omega shook his head a little powerlessly. His eyes tried to avoid the alpha's gaze.

"So, no? ... Ohh, but your actions show me, .. or rather us, something quite different. An omega just wouldn't come here ... -"

"I didn't know anything about this, ... and I don't want anything from either of you." Wei Ying interjected firmly, but the only thing in his voice was the dread.

A few seconds passed before Wei Ying spoke again.

"Please, just ... just let me go."

Even before the alpha opposite him could answer him, another alpha stepped up beside them.

"Oh, do you feel what I feel? He' s terrified of us. ... I can smell him from here." the other alpha remarked. - "Nah. ... You don't have to be so afraid of us, we just want to help you." the alpha lied, playing nice in front of the omega.

"Don't worry about your injury, we'll take care of that too."

"Exactly." - agreed the alpha opposite the omega. - "That's why we're here, .. and why we followed you. We don't want you to suffer even more damage. It would be a great pity for a beauty like you." the alpha acted, much like his friend.