Chapter 14 | The hiding bunny

The Wen and Jiang packs walked together through the forest towards Mingjue's house to arrive there by evening. The two leaders calmly, almost in a friendly mood, shared the details of their plan with each other.

Meanwhile, Wen Ning noted anything from their conversation that he thought might be useful to him. Then, when the leaders changed the subject, he began, slowly and unobtrusively, to slow down his pace and fall behind the pack. Fortunately for Wen Ning, no one particularly noticed him, everyone walked past him indifferently, and they only followed their leader. Even the one or two betas who initially found Wen Ning suspicious, all they did was turn around, look at him for a moment, and then move on. When the pack arrived in a more stony area, Wen Ning took advantage of the opportunity to quickly change direction. The group continued to walk to the left, but Wen Ning stopped and hid behind a boulder. He waited there for a few minutes and then headed right.

 He waited there for a few minutes and then headed right

During his trip, Wen Ning met an old friend, Song Lan. After barely a short conversation, they realized that the two of them were on their way to the woods for the same reason: to find and talk to the so-called "Red Fox", but under its darker and more legendary name, "Crimson Rain Sought Flower". Therefore, from then on, Song Lan no longer went on to the city but followed Wen Ning. It didn't take long for both betas to arrive at their destination.

The old wooden bridge they stood in front of was not too far from the wooden house of a young, well-known, and already marked omega.

Wen Ning and Song Lan walked to the center of the wooden bridge, where they stopped and waited. Their presence was soon noticed by one of the occupants of the house opposite the bridge. Minutes later, an alpha joined the two betas.

Wen Ning already knew the rules for standing on the wooden bridge, as he had done so several times before. He told Song Lan this rule so that the other beta would know what else he needed to prepare for.

Song Lan stood frozen as he watched the alpha approach them. When Hua Cheng was already at one end of the wooden bridge, Song Lan started to get really nervous and scared because the alpha didn't look at him as friendly or look harmless. Song Lan tried to stay brave, but he could easily imagine that his face was wall-white in the process. He was prepared for this moment, yet reality had a much stronger effect on him.

Hua Cheng stopped a short distance away from the two betas. His one eye stared sternly at Song Lan the whole time. While he was measuring Song Lan, the beta just stood frozen in front of him.

Song Lan could hardly believe that the terrifying and creepy alpha who stood in front of him, .. it would really be a brother of Wei Ying. The image Wei Ying showed him of Hua Cheng, just so Song Lan could easily recognize him, was now worn down by time far more than the two of them might have thought. Hua Cheng wasn't quite the same anymore. He lost one eye, wore silver butterfly ornaments and always carried his own unique saber with him. One of the things that didn't change was that he was still wearing the red ribbon in his hair.