Chapter 5 | Short omega stories

That night, both alphas stayed awake and watched over the omega.

Lan Zhan checked on Wei Ying's condition frequently and also changed the wet shawl on Wei Ying's forehead and wrists. Lan Zhan stayed upstairs until dawn. He was near the room, often sitting on the floor or at the top of the stairs. But when Nie Mingjue left the house early in the morning, he called Lan Zhan downstairs to take care of the estate while he was away.

Nie Mingjue went to a small town nearby to buy everything he thought the omega might need. And he had the help of his old beta friend, whom he met on the way. ( Although Nie Mingjue didn't even know, but his friend was the elderly beta who had met Wei Ying in the woods before. )

The elderly alpha bought not only medicines and herbal teas, but even fresh bakeries, fruits, vegetables. When he returned to the house, he had just entered the door, Ian zhan was already standing in front of the door to greet him.

"Is everything okay Lan Zhan? .. Is he awake?" asked Nie Mingjue when he opened the door and saw Lan Zhan.

"No. I was up there a while ago, but he's still asleep. However, the compress has helped him, he no longer has a fever. .. I'm just here to know, did you see or hear anything unusual?" said Lan Zhan, relieved.

"No one was watching or following me. I just met an old friend in the village. But other than that, nothing happened." said Nie Mingjue, then walked towards the kitchen.

Nie Mingjue put the basket on the large kitchen counter, and then he and Lan Zhan started to take the food out of it. When Lan Zhan found the suppressants, he just looked at his father questioningly.

"Don't look at me like that, Lan Zhan. This will be for him, not me. Besides, you haven't even had an omega mate, so you don't know how important this can be to them, especially when they're younger and unmarked." explained the old alpha.

"Agh, ... but I don't want to know." said Lan Zhan a little indifferently. He put down the small box, then he walked away from the kitchen counter and sat down at the table. Nie Mingjue looked annoyed at his son's reply, then stopped packing.

"Okay, can you tell me what you're so upset about? Because you know how much I hate it when you act like this."

"I'm sorry, Dad. ... I'm just worried about what's going to happen after he wakes up." Lan Zhan finally said.

"What exactly do you mean?"

After a short silence, Lan Zhan continued.

"Well, then, ... when I found him, he was so fragile, .. and scared. And his broken, tearful eyes, .... i've never seen so much pain and fear in anyone's life, as I saw in his deer-like eyes that night."

"It was understandable that he was afraid, for he was surrounded by alphas who only wanted to take advantage of him, even in his bad state. ... Now, in hindsight, I don't think I would have treated them any differently than you did." said Nie Mingjue, annoyed.

"He .. he didn't say anything, but through his eyes, he still asked for my help. ... To him, I was just one alpha among many, but somehow, he still trusted me, ... even after he saw what I had done." continued Lan Zhan as he recalled the evening's event and Wei Ying's sad face.

"Hm. ... I think he did that because he saw in you what he didn't see in the others, don't you think? That you're not the kind of alpha like the ones who took him prisoner." - said Nie Mingjue, after a moment's thought. - "It's interesting, because my mate used to really get to know the hidden but true nature of an alpha when she looked into their eyes."

"Then, I guess it must be one of the wonderful abilities of the Omegas, besides their exceptional beauty and their magnificent smell." remarked Lan Zhan quietly.