Chapitre 13

ENJOY :)

_______________________________

Now it was one of those fortuitous days for Ithen, where he found himself in Alice's presence, all thanks to his little alpha pup.

The trio was currently nestled on the living room couch, engrossed in a Disney movie, a choice made per their son's eager request – essentially, a familial decree to watch a movie together. The little alpha clearly favored his daddy, yet his affection for his mommy was undeniable. However, his mama always appeared serious, never gracing him with a smile, a play session, or even a word of praise. The little mind of a child assumed that his Mama didn't like him. Still, he subtly attempted to spend time with her, aware that she seldom spoke unless necessary. For him, being in his Mama's presence was enough.

The pup, cautious not to disturb his Mama and afraid of incurring her displeasure, orchestrated a family movie session by coaxing his daddy into it. As of now, little Tomy was perched on his daddy's lap, nestled against his chest, while Alice occupied the other end of the couch, her gaze fixed on the TV. To say that Ithen was disappointed would be an understatement.

He detested the distance Alice had imposed between them. The desire for her closeness, to be cuddled like their pup, was overwhelming. Restless and longing to talk to Alice, he took a deep breath and glanced to his side at his omega.

"Alice," he called.

Her confusion was palpable when she handed him a blanket after he expressed disinterest in it.

"Alice, I don't want this," he said, only to be further confounded by her subsequent action.

"Oh, sorry," she reached for a bowl of popcorn and handed it to him. "Here," all the while, her eyes remained fixed on the TV.

"Alice?" he questioned again. This time she hummed in acknowledgment.

"Why are you giving me all of these?" he asked, puzzled by her indifferent demeanor.

"You called me, that's why, and you always call for me when you want something," she said nonchalantly, devoid of emotion.

"But I didn't call for you to give me these."

"Okay. Then what do you want?" Ethan felt a pang of hurt. Did she really believe that he only summoned her when he desired something?

"I don't want anything, Alice," he softly replied, looking at Alice with furrowed eyebrows, trying to convey 'then why call for me.' She sighed.

"I just want to talk to you," he gently said. Alice's eyes widened slightly, pointing a finger at herself. "Me?" she asked in disbelief that Ethan would even want to talk to her.

"Yes, Alice, there's no one here except you, so I am talking to you," he saw a tiny spark in Alice's eyes that he almost missed after he finished speaking.

"W-What do you want to talk to m-me?" she asked, her voice cold, her face the usual poker one, but her eyes still held that almost invisible spark.

"I was wondering if yo-" he couldn't finish his sentence when his pup diverted his attention, excitedly sharing his favorite Disney character that had appeared on the screen. In that moment, all of Ethan's attention shifted to his pup, who spoke with enthusiasm in his broken baby language about his favorite character.

Amidst the animated conversation, Ethan failed to notice his omega who got up from the couch, disappearing like thin air, lost in their own world. Her eyes reverted to being dull, cold, and emotionless, the tiny spark gone.

"Daddy, 'am sleepy," his pup yawned cutely, eyes shutting on their own due to exhaustion. Ethan nodded and looked to his side for Alice.

"Alice, let's go t-"

"Alice?" His confused eyes darted around, searching for the petite female who was once sitting with them, but she was nowhere to be found.

When did she go? He cursed under his breath.

Damn it! Did I ignore her again? He sighed and rubbed his face frustratingly when he realized his mistake. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Why does this always happen to him? He finally got the chance to talk to Alice and convince her to go for dinner with him, but he ruined it with his own stupidity.

After so long, he saw emotion in his omega's eyes, albeit a tiny spark, but there was something like hope. Yet, he crushed it... again.

He looked at his sleepy pup, tucked safely in his warm blanket, and kissed his forehead before walking out. Hopefully, Alice might be awake, and he could talk to her without any disturbance. He opened the door of their room and walked inside, only to find it empty. He knocked on the bathroom, thinking maybe she was there.

"Alice? Are you there?"

Silence.

Alice stood on the balcony, staring at nothing in particular, lost in her thoughts.

She felt arms reach around her waist, pulling her close to his chest, a warm breath on her neck. She stayed still.

Ithen.

For some time, they stood in silence. Alice didn't say anything, and Ithen didn't know what to say. Alice's silence was torturous.

"Alice," Alice didn't respond, so Ithen continued.

"I am sorry," he whispered quietly.

"I am sorry for everything I did to you. I hurt you so much in the past, and even now, I feel so ashamed and guilty for what I did to you. You didn't deserve that. I am so sorry, baby-" he stopped when he heard Alice...

Chuckle bitterly.

_______________________________________________