intro and important note

clementine.

"i don't need anyone. i just need everyone and then some."

-

in which tyler is a senior in high-school who's been living on his own for two years and josh is a teacher fresh out of college who's just gotten out of a four-year relationship.

updates on mondays.
-

hi! i have a bit to say before starting the story. i really encourage you to read all of this beforehand!

so, i read several teacherxstudent fics in high-school and i was recently recommended one that just had me thinking about the concept as a whole. ive only ever read one that i really liked and i think it's because most are written by minors from only the student's perspective. in my experience, most of them are all pretty much the same and focus on teenage hormones and the sexual side of things.

no hate to anyone! i just wanted to do a different take that's a bit more realistic and includes more of the teacher's side. the awkwardness, the weirdness, the guilt and confusion.

i want to also reiterate that at the beginning of the story, josh is only 22 and tyler is 18!

i also want to say that im a firm believer that regardless of how legal the age gap is, some people are in different life stages and thats what makes it weird. for instance, while a 25 y/o and a 42 y/o being together is legal, a 42 y/o has much more life experience. a 25 y/o has only been out of college and in the real world for a couple years. they're still young and learning about adult life! a 42 y/o has [presumably] had a real job and an adult life for much longer and is in a totally different stage.

that is why it's important to note that tyler was emancipated shortly after turning 16 and has been living on his own, working, and taking care of himself for almost three years! because of his home life, which will be talked about more later in the story, he was even self-sufficient before he was emancipated and is, therefore, quite a bit more mature than most 18 y/o's and is closer to the stage of life josh is in than the rest of his classmates.

all of that will be addressed somewhat in the story but i don't want to spoil anything so i'll leave it at that. i hope all of this made sense and that you guys understand that this is quite different than a 16 y/o or a normal 18 y/o living at home with no real responsibilities being with a teacher or an older person. there is still a power dynamic that exists and it is a bit of a touchy subject. the line is very thin and i don't want anyone to think im romanticizing grooming or real predators because that is very much not my intention!

if anyone has any questions, feel free to leave them here!

please remember to stay safe and protect yourselves. my dms are a safe space and always open.

thank you for reading.

all my love as always,
margo.