Detention Was Hell but Ooh There's a Party

Detention was Hell.

Nova walked into the detention room, with Mr. Higgins handing out reflection papers to everyone. She sat near the back, against the windows. There were 3 other kids there. One had his hood up and was scratching something on the desk with a pocket knife.

'That's fun' she thought.

The other kids were so obviously stoned out of their mind, laughing over the smallest shit with their bloodshot eyes.

The sounds were overwhelming.

All Nova could think about was Milani. How much they'd tormented each other over the years, and how she wanted to start over in her freshman year. 

She told her parents she wanted to be an actor, and they humoured her at first, but they got more furious when she told them she was serious. She knew her parents were strict, but she didn't know they would go as far as to kick her out. 

No longer wanting to think about that, she goes on her phone and considers going to Sara's DM's. 

She doesn't know her too well but fuck it. She has nothing better to do.

SuperNova

hey

Sara_Sopht

uhhhh hi?

SuperNova

this is really random but I was walking past the art room and saw you painting

Sara_Sopht

yeah and?

SuperNova

i might be totally off but was that the mona lisa???

Sara_Sopht

shit yeah actually. 

SuperNova

I'm starting to think art isn't any easy course. Why were you painting a whole masterpiece in second period?

Sara_Sopht

It's an assignment for my class. what'd you think of it

SuperNova

I think it's about time we replace the original mona lisa with a better version. who even was the guy who made it?? he's such an amateur im sure

Sara_Sopht

you think? I'm handing in my application for La Louvre as we speak.

It was going easier than expected for Nova. Maybe painting was her weak spot? They'd been texting for 20 minutes now, Nova's reflection paper completely abandoned.

Sara_Sopht

hey, yk I'm hosting a back to school party this weekend

you should come

SuperNova

really? i mean i want to but u think Milani would be ok with that?

Sara_Sopht

I love her but this rivalry is getting outta hand.

I'm on her side duh, but idk you'd be fun to have at the party so fuck it

if anyone asks tho, i didn't invite u

SuperNova

got it ;) thanks

guess i'm technically crashing your party

Sara_Sopht

that's what makes it more fun :))

'Guess I'm going to a party' Nova thought, 'Jennie's gonna go crazy.' 

Who knows, maybe a real relationship could come out of this, though that's unlikely. Sara isn't exactly Nova's type. 

Someone else is, but Nova tries her hardest to not give it a single thought. 

A/N - Hi guys, this chapter is kinda a filler chapter, better chapters to come later on, I promise :))