Maybe I Like You, Maybe I Hate You?

It was the week of the rehearsal. Neither Nova or Milani had spoken to each other since they had almost kissed. 

Nova takes the bus to the place they're shooting, her script in hand, her playlist blasting through her headphones, and nothing but Milani on her mind. 

She skips through her songs, trying to find something that fits her mood, when Heat Waves by Glass Animals starts playing. 

Nova gasps quietly. 

She hadn't listened to this song since they kissed, so of course her mind is going to associate the song with the way she felt when Milani was going to kiss her. 

Nova fixates on the song and the memory attached to it. 

She remembers looks so close into Milani's lips. When she closes her eyes she remembers how they were so close she could feel the other girl's breath onto hers. 

The song ends and she realizes she's at her stop and opens her eyes. 

Nova goes to the clothing and hair department to get ready. This was the rehearsal for the very scene they both avoided each other for. 

She gets ready and sees Milani coming out of the screenwriters room nodding at what Matt was saying while looking over her lines. 

She bids him goodbye and walks while reading her script. 

Milani noticed someone staring at her and looks up. 

They both freeze. They'd avoided breathing in the same air as each other for a month.

Milani sees Nova take a deep breath and walk towards her. 

"Uh, hi."

They could barely talk before they were called for rehearsal. 

They climbed up to their makeshift caravan and shifted into their position. The air was filled with tension, neither girls knew what to do while the crew fixed lighting, camera and mic positions. 

"Um, I wanted to say sorry for kicking you out so harshly last time." Nova leaned in to murmur this to Milani. Nova looked up to make eye contact with the other girl, and realized they were in practically the same position before.

Their breathing became short and they both quickly pulled away.

They sat quietly side by side, leaning slightly away from each other. 

They were enemies. Nova couldn't dare catch feelings for Milani. What she didn't know was that Milani was thinking the exact same thing. 

"Alright lets get started. Girls can you start from Scene 72."

They both looked slightly shocked but managed to contain it. 

Nova took a deep breath and put her mixed feelings aside.

"So, what exactly are we looking for?"

"Any creature that looks like a large animal, but add scales and wings to it. Trust me you won't miss it."

Cindy shifts uncomfortably and looks at Rosaline.

Cindy hesitantly says, "So, you and your boyfriend just fight these lab explosion monsters for fun?" She lets out a breathy laugh, "Sounds like a nice date idea."

Rosaline looks over to Cindy. "We're not dating," she says hesitantly. 

Cindy gives her a look and Rosaline widens her eyes and smiles.

"We're not dating! Trust me he's not my type."

"Yeah? Then what is he to you? You can't risk your lives and not mean something to each other. I mean right now we're trying to capture them so that he can hack into the lab's database without being eaten alive."

Rosaline looks into Cindy's eyes. "Why do you care so much about our relationship? I mean until a couple weeks ago you couldn't give less shits about anything to do with me."

Cindy shakes her head and breathes a few times, looking conflicted before she spills. 

"I don't care about your relationship. I just figured that we'd get to know each other since we're going to be risking our lives for some guy who seems to be important to you. And I never hated you for that matter," Cindy took a pause and kept going, building up the courage "I've felt many things for you, but hate was never one of them, Rosaline."

"Then what was?" Rosaline whispers out. 

Nova gets nervous. They almost kissed last time. She feels her heart racing. Nova breaks eye contact before it becomes unbearable. 

"Admiration," She kept her monologue going. She's not going to botch her first successful show because of mixed feelings she's convinced she's made up in her mind. 

"Pride?"

"Or maybe even..." She massaged her neck, unable to look at Milani, which was lucky for her that it added to her character. 

Milani scoots closer to her, so their knees are on top of each other. 

This wasn't exactly part of the script, so maybe Milani really did want to be closer to her?

She gains a little bit more courage to keep going, hoping maybe the other girl would reciprocate her feelings. 

"Maybe even... Even love?"

They looked into each others eyes and the director yelled "Cut!"

Milani jumped off the caravan and walked away, like she wasn't affected by their legs contact at all. 

What? Didn't this girl know what she was doing? Did she not know the massive affect the smallest of her touches had on her?

This angered Nova in a way she didn't understand, but she bottled it up.