Ou La La More Tension

Nova walked into school on Monday morning with a plan. The whole school knew about their rivalry, why not give them a show.

She walks to her locker, smiling at people she knows, giving the stink eye to all of Milani's friends. Nova opens the locker door only for it to be slammed by a hand adorned by rings and bracelets. It was Milani.

The noise gets everyone's attention.

Milani gives Nova a small smile only she's able to see. She turns her facial expressions angry again. She pins Nova against her locker and whispers something incoherent. If there was one thing everyone knew about their fights, its that the louder they were shouting at each other, the more stupid the fight was. 

Using that logic, Milani whispering something threatening to Nova meant Milani was more mad than ever.

Some kids took their phones out and started texting their friends to come and see if a fight was going to go down.

Truth was, only Nova knew Milani was saying, "pskfpdsk" she whispered incoherently. 

Nova said back to Milani loud enough for everyone to hear, "Go fuck yourself, Zaro."

Nova smirked smugly as the bell rang. 

Milani backs away and says, "Watch your back, Astrid."

Nova laughed at Milani before walking to her own class while thinking about their plan. They basically just have fights all day before walking to school as girlfriends the next morning.

The one thing both girls can agree on is that their relationship NEEDS to have a shocking reaction from everyone. 

Nova goes to her auto class and sits down. A classmate behind her taps her shoulder to get her attention. She turns around to see a guy who she'd seen around the halls but never spoken to. He had brown fluffy hair and piercing grey eyes. 

"Hey, you're best friends with Milani right?" He asked.

Nova could only hope that he was joking. Lucky for her he was.

"Oh yeah we're the closest."

"Yeah, I could tell. When I saw her slam you against the lockers I just knew you two had a friendship that I could only dream of." The guy said sarcastically. 

Nova laughed. "Aw don't be sad. You'll find someone like that one day too."

They laughed and got shushed by the teacher, who was 12 minutes late but we're not going to talk about that. During the whole class random guy passed her notes and made snarky remarks about the lesson in her ear. Nova could swear she would suffocate if she had to keep holding in her laughter. 

The bell rang after the lesson and Nova waves to random guy and goes to the caf. 

While she's walking she sees Milani and smiles. Milani looks so angry, Nova would've believed it if she didn't know any better.

They cross paths and Nova gets ready for another fight only to get shoved by Milani's shoulder. 

Nova immediately knew something was wrong, and ran towards her.

"Milani what the fuck?"

"Get outta my face Nova."

Nova had no time for whatever emotional bs Milani was going to pull, and dragged her into the nearest janitors closet. 

"Talk to me."

"I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, you should be."

There wasn't a lot of room in the janitors closet. There were shelves put up, Nova and Milani squished between a door and one of the shelves. They were so close they could feel their breath on each other, only 3 inches of space between them.

"What's going on Milani?" Nova tried to ask with more empathy in her voice. 

Milani still looked angry. "Sara saw you flirting with some guy. Why the hell would you do that."

Nova got butterflies. Milani was mad that she was talking to other people? 

"-It's gonna make the fake relationship even harder to pull off."

Nova felt stupid. Of course. They're fake dating tomorrow. That's why she doesn't want Nova to talk to other people. 

"Uh yeah yeah my bad. " Nova said quietly. 

Milani subconsciously moved closer, noticing Nova's mixed reaction. 

She put her hand on Milani's shoulder. "You ok?"

Nova looked up at Milani, one again accidentally giving her doe eyes. Nova nodded solemnly. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Nova musters up a small smile. "Just kinda tired."

Nova felt a very very light touch on her waist. It was Milani's other hand, becoming firmer, gripping her waist. 

"Listen. This is going to be hard for both of us. But this is our job. And-" Milani felt uncomfortable with what she was going to say. "-I'm...here. If you ever want to talk, cuz I'm going through this too. I'm only supporting you with this fake dating shit. Nothing else. We're not friends" Milani says the last part sternly.

The awkward look Milani had while speaking however, made Nova burst out laughing. Milani tried to be mad, but she laughed too. 

Their laughter died down, and they were closer than before. Their wasn't an inch between their chests. Milani's hands still on Nova. 

Milani looked down on the shorter girl. Their lips inches from each other. Nova looks at Milani's lips. They were cherry red and glossy. They stood there, tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The door opens. Janitor Al looks at the two girls and tells them to get out of here. 

The two girls run out and start walking towards the caf (a 5 meter distance between them of course.)

As they walked, Nova could swear she heard the janitor mutter something about no kids doing the dirty in his closet.

Nova could only laugh.

A/N: Hi guys, my bad for not updating, I've had loads of essays due recently.

Thank you for being patient, here's a fun tension filled chapter for you guys today.

I love slow burns, don't you?