Holy Shit Did We Almost Kiss?

Milani parked near the nearest grocery store to Nova's trailer. She couldn't let her car be seen in such a low income area. 

She walks towards the trailer park, thinking about nothing but kissing Nova. Was she a good kisser? Was she a sloppy kisser? How the hell are the kids at school going to react to this?

Plus interviews are going to be fun after that episode is released. 

Milani gets to Nova's trailer to see her sitting on the porch with the script in her hands. 

She looks up and smiles. Though it wasn't a regular friendly smile. Nova smiled due to the immense amount of awkwardness that was radiating off Milani. This was going to be so fun for Nova. 

Milani's straight, but Nova didn't know if she's homophobic too, so there's that scary thought, but she's going to try her best to keep her mind off that. 

Nova invites her inside and they go in the opposite direction of her bedroom, which was the living room. 

'A little classier' thought Milani. 

There were couches sitting perpendicular to each other, with a cute coffee table and the kitchen was in front of the door which you enter through.

"Alright where do you wanna start?" Nova's voice cuts the silence. 

"Uhh scene 72 works for me." Replies Milani. It was the scene where they confess their feelings. She figured if the start out strong they could get more comfortable with it. God this was going to be hard for Milani. She was worried if it would awaken some thoughts and feelings that she was trying desperately to avoid. 

Nova and Milani both flip over to their pages and get into position. In this scene they're supposed to be on the roof of a caravan in the woods, looking for monsters to capture. 

They sit on the kitchen counter side by side. 

Nova begins speaking from her script.

"So, what exactly are we looking for?"

"Any creature that looks like a large animal, but add scales and wings to it. Trust me you won't miss it."

Cindy - Nova's character, smiles. She shifts uncomfortably and looks over to Rosaline - Milani's character. 

Cindy takes a deep breath and starts talking, "So, you and your boyfriend just fight these lab explosion monsters for fun?" She lets out a breathy laugh, "Sounds like a nice date idea."

Rosaline looks over to Cindy. "We're not dating," she says hesitantly.  Milani breaks character and sighs.

 "This is too awkward. How the hell are we supposed to do this, Nova?"

Milani doesn't use her first name often. This gave Nova butterflies she most definitely didn't want to think about. 

"We could play music?" Suggested Nova.

Milani nods and rushes towards her phone to play 'Heat Waves' by Glass Animals. 

They go back to their scene. 

Milani starts again. 

"We're not dating. Trust me he's not my type."

"Yeah? Then what is he to you? You can't risk your lives and not mean something to each other. I mean right now we're trying to capture them so that he can hack into the lab's database without being eaten alive."

Rosaline looks into Cindy's eyes. "Why do you care so much about our relationship? I mean until a couple weeks ago you couldn't give less shits about anything to do with me."

Cindy shakes her head and goes into her short monologue. 

"I don't care about your relationship. I just figured that we'd get to know each other since we're going to be risking our lives for some guy who seems to be important to you. And I never hated you for that matter," Cindy took a pause and kept going, building up the courage "I've felt many things for you, but hate was never one of them, Rosaline." 

"Then what was?" Rosaline whispers out. They'd leaned in closer without meaning to. And they didn't stop.

She looks into Rosaline's eyes. She blinks and she's Nova again, and the girl in front of her was Milani, not Rosaline. She kept moving, she didn't know how to stop, but neither Milani. 

They were inches towards each other's faces. 

Milani looks at Nova's lips, not a thought going through her mind, only pure instinct. 

Nova could feel the other girl's breath on her lips, and leaned in to connect their lips, until

Nova's phone rings loudly, breaking their almost-kiss. 

They didn't kiss. 

They didn't kiss. 

And they shouldn't have. 

It wasn't written in the script. 

What was supposed to happen was that Nova continues and confesses that she's been in love with the other girl for years. It was only four scenes later that they kiss. 

Milani's heart is beating so loud she's positive Nova can hear it. 

She looks over to Nova, who seems to be in distress. She hangs up and looks at Milani. 

"Those were my parents...I haven't spoken to them in months. You need to leave, they're on their way."

Milani had questions. loads of them.

Their on their way? So they don't live here?

She hasn't spoken to them in months? She's barely 18.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Nova ushered her out the door, which then slammed shut. 

Milani stood in pure shock. So much had happened in the span of 10 minutes.